Down with Gamepal

cforquer

Reaction score
Hey all, has anyone else had problems with accounts they have purchased from Gamepal.com? In August I bought a rogue and played him for seven days. On the eighth day I go to log in only to find the password has been changed. I send e-mails and messages daily to gamepal to no avail, I get no response whatsoever. I check out their website yesterday and lo and behold my account is back up for sale. I finally get a response from somebody at their website and this is what he said "I have spoke with the original owner of the Soulseed007 account who later said he will not be assisting us in returning it. We have already turned him over to our legal department. Also, you did a chargeback after the account was delivered in whole. If this case is granted by paypal, I can assure you we will be taking legal actions because reversing a charge after something has been delivered is a federal crime. I look forward to your response and will be checking paypal tonight." Right then I knew I was dealing with a fucking moron. After responding to this e-mail I received another one from this jerkoff saying that until they received their money back I was screwed. So heed my warning, don't buy your accounts from www.gamepal.com And to the original owner of this account, FUCK YOU:mad:
P.S. Sorry for my language, just a little upset.

Cforquer

Last edited:
Good to hear you got your money back. There is no way gamepal.com can prove they delivered the item hence paypal will rule in your favor.

Fry.

Try again

That's the bad part, I haven't gotten my money back:( Paypal denied it. It's not an easy subject to dispute with them, doesn't really fall in any categories on their pull down menus.

Cforquer

Paypal doesn't support the practice of selling virtual items. All you have to say is you didn't receive the item. An e-mail will be sent to gamepal asking for them to prove delivery through mail receipts, they wont have one, then 30 days later you'll get your money back.

Hate to say it but I've had this pulled on me too many times. It always ends up the same way. If gamepal is smart, as soon as you submit a ticket about not receiving the item they will instantly refund your money or they will get a $20 paypal fee after the dispute has be resolved in your favor.

To those people who sell characters, sending account details through registered post really pays off in cases like this.

Fry.

Last edited:
gamepal sucks

I had the same problem with gamepal.com. No one should ever buy anything from them. They are all fruads there.
I bought an acct back in jan. Played for a week, only to log on one day to discover the password was changed.
I emailed the sales people there, and was told they would look into the matter, but never heard from them again.
I used SOE cust. service chat, and I was told someone called SOE earlier that day with all the acct. info to prove they are the owner, so sony reset the password.
And b/c I didnt have the CC# the was used for billing, I couldnt prove I was the owner. Then you are stuck, b/c you cant say you were sold the acct. b/c thats against EULA. So I got F#*Ked

Sorry to all that have lost to that god awfull site.

I hate frauds.

Regardless of SoE's policy on this, you can and should file a complaint with the Better Business Beauru against this company.

Note: Information such as a name, address, phone number are part of the public record and are not deemed "private" by any law in the USA. I deal with this every day IRL. You can get this information from public records such as mortgage documents, tax liens, phone books, voter registration records.

There is no Constitutional right to privacy.

That being said:

GamePal.com is run out of a house, apparently:

This information is for the people currently living at Gamepal.com's corporate address:

Name: SMITH, MICHAEL B (MALE) (Born 1947)

Additional Names:
SMITH, SHAUN M (MALE) (Born 1981 Maybe the one in charge)
SMITH, ERIC (MALE) (no idea)

GamePal Inc. GamePal Inc.
7550 Roguewood
Belmont, Michigan 49306
United States

GamePal Inc., GamePal Inc. sales@gamepal.com
7550 Roguewood
Belmont, Michigan 49306
United States
6166172447 Fax -- 6166172447

Name: SMITH, SHAUN M

Telephone: (616) 866-1605 as of 7/2006

Their company does not have a Federal Tax ID number, a DUNS Number, or a sales tax liscense that I can see. They are probably not reporting any income from the venture.

File a complaint here:

http://www.grandrapids.bbb.org/
or
https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/GetStarted.aspx

Hope this helps you recover you money.

I bet they're Red Wing fans too.

Thanks Xcheck

Dude thank you so much, i've been busting my balls trying to get a freaking phone number for this place. You know what really sucks about all this? This account was actually as it was stated in the ad, i've bought 2 other accounts and they have never matched before. Anyways, thanks for the info.

Cforquer

Glad to help :) Let us know what happens.

I can't find offsets, but I can find other things...

hey can oyu find out shit on people for me

omg you a fed or somthing lol ! lmao!

Stories like these are why I've never bought any virtual stuff. People are such jerks man.. I hope you get all your money back dude, good luck.

i have bought and sold virtual stuff but you have to know the person and know them well or you take a bigger risk of being screwed. I have facilitated a few transactions on here and everythign has gone well. But key thing was be OVERCAUTIOUS

Necroman

xcheck, you need to change your avatar image to an agent from The Matrix =P