DON Faction -- Any Fast Way to Get It?

Marnan

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I'm not so much looking for cheats, just are there certain missions that I can get some flagged character to get and do to get Keepers of Norrath faction? It's been so long since I've had to do DON and I'm bringing up a new alt.

Any tips would be appreciated, if I just have to grind it out, I guess I'll do it on an aperiodic basis.

Thanks for any advice.

Gimblax, The Creator, History of the Isle, Drake Eggs, Lair of the Black wing, Drake Manace and I can't seem to remember another two I used to cycle. But pays to hit up the solo progression tasks along the way on alt as they have faction also and the missions, that way you dont end up wasting time doing the other faction tasks for nothing.

Drake Eggs, if that is the one where you run up and kill the drake loot the corpse for the egg. That mission takes 5 mins to do - invis and run up to the the top and kill a drake loot egg, then run back down to zi for update - done, works well if you use a wizard or druid and 2ndary bind at the instance zone in and bind at the quest giver.

The only problem is there is a 45 min lock out timer. Maybe mix in some other mission in between.

Drake Eggs, if that is the one where you run up and kill the drake loot the corpse for the egg. That mission takes 5 mins to do - invis and run up to the the top and kill a drake loot egg, then run back down to zi for update - done, works well if you use a wizard or druid and 2ndary bind at the instance zone in and bind at the quest giver.

The only problem is there is a 45 min lock out timer. Maybe mix in some other mission in between.

Yeah, most of the ones I listed are 5-10minutes

I think that the Raids give the biggest faction hits, so if you have some decent mains/boxes that are flagged for the raids and can get min numbers required you can do some of those and skip over the pre task crap.

Faction is by the hand in of a token.

There is only 2 different tokens, good or evil.

How ever, as I said if you do the progression as you can along the way that gives faction boosts are well.

So technically you get more faction doing raids, but only if you are completing it at a step where you are progressing and get the hails/faction hits for completing them.

Cheesy trick for anyone trying to go the opposite sides' faction (e.g., dark elf doing good side Keeper's faction). One of my crew is dark elf, and I took them all through the missions and raids very quickly using a flagged toon to request everything.

After doing all the missions/raids though An End to the Storms, plus nine or so group missions, the Dark Elf was still dubious and I couldn't do the solo missions with the DE toon yet. Realizing what a time sink cross-side factining was going to be, I used some stored SC and race changed to human, got a deity of Mith Marr (I understand deity is the key faction issue). The toon's faction went from dubious to amiable and we quickly got the solo tasks done up to the point where kindly is needed.

I'm sure this is obvious to most people, but I was glad to skip the time sink and if I ever care might switch the toon's race back once I'm completely getting the DON AAs.