Diagnosing the servers

hawthorne

Celer, Silens, Mortalis
Reaction score
This was posted today in this thread on the EQ forums:

Sklug said:
Just to keep you guys updated. We have two main stability issues we're working on. One is a zone crash that is proving very elusive. I'll be running some targeted tests on a live server early this week to try to gather more information.

The other is a world hang, that we thought we might have fixed with the last patch, but no dice. So the next patch will likely contain as much diagnostics as we can manage to shed more light on the problem. The stability issues are our top priority. No amount of apology can make up for the frustration these problems are causing you I'm sure. But it is offered nonetheless.

I'll do my best to keep everyone up to date on the debugging efforts. I was on jury duty last week so didn't get as much of a chance to post.

I reposted it here to bring up the bolded part. With additional diagnostics, there could also be more monitoring features brought in as well. It's commonly accepted only an idiot would run MQ2 on Beta due to the diagnostics they have running on it. If this is a similar case, it might be wise for people to curtail some of their more... grey activites, for the time being.

Stay safe, everyone.