devCharmOfLore (Working with HoT)

devestator

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
devCharmOfLore Alternate Charm of Lore (Working with HoT)

In light of the charm of lore macro being broken with HoT instead of fixing it I'm just going to release my personal devCharmOfLore macro to everyone. It has a few enhancements over the one that was available, I just never released it since the other one worked for most people.

My version does the same things, except it can restart after death, and if you crash or have to restart the macro for any reason it will resume where you left off based on the items in your inventory.

It also has pc checks in it that can be used, and an auto turn in routine. So you basically can just start it on a character and come back a couple minutes later to it being level 17+.

The death detection doesn't always work though, sometimes it will get stuck in hover mode, I've never bothered to go back and fix that. If I get time I will but if it gets stuck in hover mode for you just release and restart the macro.

USAGE:

/mac devCharmOfLore

There are 3 settings at the top of the INI you may want to modify:

Code:
PauseForPCs=FALSE   [COLOR="Lime"]Whether or not to stop if pcs are detected nearby[/COLOR]
AutoTurnin=TRUE      [COLOR="Lime"]Whether or not to turn in at the end of the macro[/COLOR]
TurninNPC=Librarian Hemfar    [COLOR="Lime"]The npc to turn the items into, should not need to modify[/COLOR]

Do not modify anything else in the INI unless there is a very good reason to.

Attachments

• devCharmOfLore.rar
    3.7 KB · Views: 358
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Dev!

I didnt know the old one was broken, but i bet i would have gone to use it sooner or later and been sad that such a great tool was gone

How is the old one broken?

The item notify on looting. I had to fix it on the version i have also.

really all you had to do is change the itemnotify to /advloot

The old one was in need of a rewrite, just not because of the itemnotify it needed some checks incase it messed up and the addition of pc check is nice.

This thing is really broke. It fails every time, either I get seen by mobs and killed or it can't loot. I have to finish manually.

This is not working for me.

It picked up an item then spammed me with can loot because of lore item, it keeps trying to loot the same item.

This is not working for me.

It picked up an item then spammed me with can loot because of lore item, it keeps trying to loot the same item.
The macro uses FindItem. For it to work right, you have to have MQ2BagWindow loaded (or other plugin that provides the functionality).

1) Make sure you have MQUI_BagWnd.xml in your mq2\uifiles\default, or eq\uifiles\default.
2) Make sure you have MQ2BagWindow.dll
3) /plugin MQ2BagWindow
4) /loadskin

Then try again.

htw

Strange "hang" for me...

Let me say first off, thanks for the update to this macro!

I have run it many times successfully on my desktop.

I am trying to run it on my laptop (a much more powerful computer), however, and it keeps hanging on the first target...the flower.

It targets and warps to the flower, but never "kills" it. My character keeps racheting back-and-forth a tad, and I can tell the program keeps re-targeting/warping me right back to the flower.

I have tried different video settings, etc. to no avail.

The ONLY thing I have done differently with this computer is using the SOE launchpad rather than the EQ-specific launchpad...EVERTHING else (I think) is exactly like my other setup (other than the PC itself, of course).

Any suggestions?

Let me say first off, thanks for the update to this macro!

I have run it many times successfully on my desktop.

I am trying to run it on my laptop (a much more powerful computer), however, and it keeps hanging on the first target...the flower.

It targets and warps to the flower, but never "kills" it. My character keeps racheting back-and-forth a tad, and I can tell the program keeps re-targeting/warping me right back to the flower.

I have tried different video settings, etc. to no avail.

The ONLY thing I have done differently with this computer is using the SOE launchpad rather than the EQ-specific launchpad...EVERTHING else (I think) is exactly like my other setup (other than the PC itself, of course).

Any suggestions?

Make sure the MQ2ReachIt plugin is loaded on your laptop.

I keep getting an error

Couldn't open macro file: C:\Macroquest2\Macros\devCharmofLore.mac

Any idea whats up?

I didnt have WinRAR software installed ;p

Thanks for the speedy reply though

So I ran it, but I didn't get any XP; nor does the charm have any status bonuses... Should I try running it again? Or is it a one time only thing?

Nope, gathering them again only results in him saying "I don't need to see the same artifact twice."
I haven't gotten around to it, but I'm thinking if I hand it an artifact I haven't shown him before, it might equalize the stats. Just a theory mind you.

Last edited: