Custom Log-In Screen for WindowsXP

dulak

Vagoo!
Reaction score
Greetings all. It has been a long time since I have visited the site and I now feel as though I should try to give something to the community. I can, with certain limitations, make customized windows xp log in screens. The limitations are this: I can't create pictures myself, my artistic talent is nil. If you have a background image of any kind with a resolution of at least 1024x768, I will turn it into a log on screen for you. Below you will see some of the ones I have done. And for those of you who would like to see your main character before you log into windows, I can use any screen shot you provide me with. Just make sure your UI isn't included with the pic lol. Feel free to PM your backgrounds to me as I will be checking back on a daily basis.

--Edit--
Well guys and ghouls, it's taken me a while but I finally got some inspiration and made a logon screen that is themed with the site. I think it looks good and I'm hoping everyone else will as well. I'm taking down my screenies of the other ones I made in order for this one to get more attention. I will be including a self extracting rar file that will have the needed program, the custom logon screen as well as a brief readme. For those of you who would like to see others that I've done, go here: http://dulakquickleaf.wincustomize.com/

Attachments

• Logon.exe
    2.2 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
That sounds cool, but I'm pretty sure I have a program that does this floating around somewhere...

Yea, it's a quite nifty program that I've become very familiar with. There are a few small things that I'm still working on learning but it won't take much longer to figure them out lol.

Save what? The pics above? Those are just screen shots, previews.

Looks cool! Program or not, good find and good job :)

i agree this is pretty nice, but on my home computer i have log on screen disabled. when i hit my power button i go directly to my desktop, messenger open and all.

Hey all you peeps out there who are good at graphic art, I need someone to make a MMOBugs background image. The size should be no larger than 800x600. Once it's made, I'll turn it into a log on screen and post it for everyone to download as well as full instructions as to how to use it. Cmon guys, this would be something really cool for all of our members to be able to have!

i agree this is pretty nice, but on my home computer i have log on screen disabled. when i hit my power button i go directly to my desktop, messenger open and all.

How so? I'm jealous now.

Bear, I was able to turn it off using Tweak XP Pro that I DL'd off a torrent. I never have to hit enter (never assigned a PW to login) during restarts. This helps when power was lost for long enough that my UPS backup power runs out and then is restored later on. However the Tweak program is doing it can be done without it but I've never looked into it.

By the way, Tweak XP Pro offers many other nice things to turn on/off so it wouldn't be a bad thing to download it for the function you asked about.

I'm bumping this thread due to the update I've included at the top.