CTD on the rise?

Mspudd14

Reaction score
Not sure where to post so figured i'd put out feelers and see if anyone else has noticed a rise on the crashed to desktop....

It isn't due to any plugin or mac I am using but when I log to char select or log out of the server select window. Prior to a week and a half ago it never to rarely happened but in the last week and a half it has started happening to me 1 to 4 times a night. If it was a specific plugin or mac I figure it would happen as soon as I loaded it up or logged in but this is only when I log to char select or server select. Anyone else having this problem??

I also have noticed in the last two weeks that any time I log into EQ there is a 1-2min period where my computer gives me the turning wheel indicating lag on the machine when I am running a process that it hasn't allotted the free resources for. In a lessor computer I'd say its cause I'm trying to do too much on a shit machine but this computer has run 6 EQ accounts, streaming music, and a browser with up to 6 tabs of different websites before with zero lag. I ruled out MQ by loading up w/o it running and noticed the same lag... But I have also run an AVG scan to check for possible virus's or what-not....

Its not game breaking by any means... but it is annoying... as a boxer I have to load up trivial chars in non xp zones first before loading up mains in xp zones cause the lag could kill them if I camped them out in pather area's while not invis or using un-fixed duration invis if it drops while I am still loading up chars while they are suffering the spinning wheel lag.

Crashes when camping seems to be normal as of now. I guess there's a huge thread on Sony forums about it and another thread on these forums somewhere. It isn't MQ2 related.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Glad someone said something. I'm careful to say anything, since usually it's something I've done wrong causing the crashes :p

Lately, sometimes, I also get terrible lag after logging in, and I have to close out and log back in again. Turning the clip plane down and back up may help, but I haven't been able to reliably recreate.

I just want to probe a little--anyone else get crashes while zoning?

I only get crashes while zoning if I have mq2navigation plugged in. Otherwise, I haven't gotten any CTD's while 6 boxing. Once in a great while I will get a crash on the login of the 6th toon, but that is rare.

No crashing issues here. Everything is running real smooth while 4 boxing with ISBoxer and Mq2.

Have you tried doing a full scan in launcher?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

No crashing issues here. Everything is running real smooth while 4 boxing with ISBoxer and Mq2.

Have you tried doing a full scan in launcher?

Ya a previous poster said similar thread over on the SoE boards so not MQ related. I all but ruled it out either way... still sucks but posted cause my scan of launcher and computer for viruses came up with nothing.

I've been crashing lately during raids and beam pulls, even with MQ2 unloaded.