Credit Cards.....

Brano11

I am omg awesome!
Reaction score
Well my bank is giving me a run around on some actual advice when I ask them, so im gonna toss it to you all and see what you think.

Last year I was unemployed for around 9-11 months so I racked up some CC debt. Would it be better for me to pay off on a card completely (800 dollar limit) or to make a large payment 1000 payment on a (5k limit) CC?

You want your debt to be less than half of your maximum amount. So if your credit limit is 10,000$ combined. Stay under 5,000$ combined. I would quickly get under half your limit, and make double the minimum payment for an extended amount of time to bolster credit.

Pay off the one with the higher rate first.

If they are both the same then I'd pay off the $800 one and put the $200 toward the higher one.

One less bill to pay next week/month.

If you can afford it pay off the 800$ in on go but still paying a good chunk on the 5k one. It would allow you to put double payments on the 5k to pay it off over the next 2-3 months.

Awesome thanks guys. Much simpler then my bank was trying to tell me to do lol.

another option if there high interest ccs is getting a loan with a lower % and using that to pay off the CCs at one time it will save money in the long run