Crash when buffing

OverLordGenord

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced a crash to desktop when casting a buff on a player who then runs out of range? I am running Pete's bots but I didn't see anything out of the ordinary in the logs. I believe it is related to my buffs because when I turn BuffTotal=0 it stops happening.

Thanks!

Code:
[Buff]
BuffTotal=3
BuffAnnounce=FALSE
BuffUse1=TRUE
BuffSpellName1=Focus of the Seventh
BuffSpellIcon1=Focus of the Seventh
BuffSpellGem1=gem2
BuffAlias1=
BuffClasses1=BER,BRD,BST,MNK,PAL,RNG,ROG,SHD,WAR
BuffConditions1=
BuffUse2=TRUE
BuffSpellName2=Talisman of Celerity
BuffSpellIcon2=Talisman of Celerity
BuffSpellGem2=gem5
BuffAlias2=
BuffClasses2=BER,BRD,BST,DRU,ENC,MAG,MNK,NEC,PAL,RNG,ROG,SHD,SHM,WAR,WIZ
BuffConditions2=
BuffUse3=TRUE
BuffSpellName3=Blessing of Replenishment
BuffSpellIcon3=Blessing of Replenishment
BuffSpellGem3=gem6
BuffAlias3=
BuffClasses3=BER,BRD,BST,DRU,ENC,MAG,MNK,NEC,PAL,RNG,ROG,SHD,SHM,WAR,WIZ
BuffConditions3=

update the macro, there was a new data type added and causes ctd using groupmember data types.

Is this true? I haven't seen a note in the BOT thread to say this was the problem and it is fixed now, but then again, my attention span is very short and my glasses get weaker by the day.

It does seem to cause CTD for that routine for some people. Some people say it takes 30 minutes, other say it takes 8 hours. Some check is invalid TLO access and is CTD eventually though, and I dont know why. I changed it from looking at buff tooltips to use .BuffDuration. Still crashes, I dont know why. Send htw the debug.dmp from eq folder and ask him nicely to see why it is crashing and maybe i can fix it.

I have the same issue on my shammy. But I just use it as an opportunity to keep a trader up. But, it is the wierdest shit, because my shammy crashes with /mel noholy=1 and /mel nodown=1 and with NO macro running. The bastard can just be standing there and crash sometimes.

Idk if it's still doing it bc I never have it logged in. But it definitely crashed a lot running bot mac.

Last edited:
I was able to leave my shammy in for 24+ hours running a different macro. So It's def something in bot.mac for shammy's I thiink that's crashing them.