Computer build *budget*

imgregrice

Who?
Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking for some advice... I'd like to build a couple cheap machines for my kids. One is 8 and the other is 6 so I don't need anything with much beef. I would however like to get my 8 year old started with EQ. I am thinking of something cheap ( around a 2-300 each). I'd rather not get into an Intel vs AMD discussion but I do know AMD is typically more cost effective. Would love to hear your thoughts on budget builds that will play at least 1 EQ account well and general web crap. Right now I've got the older child using an old dell box but it keeps blue screening and I can't nail down the faulty hardware.

Shop around craigslist/ebay. Can find old workplace model I=7's for like under 200 a system throw in a cheap 750ti and you can play for days.

Shop around craigslist/ebay. Can find old workplace model I=7's for like under 200 a system throw in a cheap 750ti and you can play for days.

yeah ive been doing this. Most people in my area for whatever reason think the old machines are worth way more than they are.

I bought off e-bay a intel 4560 Kaby lake chip its dual-core with hyperthreading (think i3) 16 gigs ram (dont need that much) the chip cost 65 bux, motherboard was like 78.. Playes eq1 or 2 no problems!