Compaq Evo n600c/n610c interchangeable parts?

Nijhal

Reaction score
Hey guys, need some help.

I own a Compaq Evo n600c, my battery has full charge but yet if I unplug the power cord it turns off. The local tech shop told me the board is bad where the battery is supposed to take over and I need a new motherboard.

So I notice alot of parts are interchangeable between the n600c and the n610c. Keyboard, body parts ect. So I bought a n610c on ebay missing keyboard, screen, memory, hd, cords, battery and some covers.

Now I know the hd I got will work, as well as the covers and the keyboard. I know I needed new memory, cause 600c is sdram, 610c is ddr. So I ordered my ram and Im waiting on this thing to show up.

What I dont know is if my LCD screen is inter-changeable with the 610.

Anyone hapen to know this? I have searched google and cant find anything anywhere on if the screens are interchangeable.

honestly I would have to see the two to tell you, they do sell wiring kits to change them over tho.

Well it should be here tomorrow or Monday, so I will let you know. Its just that they look so similar and so many parts are able to be used from the frame of each, covers and such. Hopefully it will work, otherwise I need to get a lcd too then lol.

looks similar != compatible pinouts or wires.

You're likely going to have to spend a fair bit of time trying to find the tech manuals/assembly diagrams for both systems and trace what wire does what, and where it's supposed to go.

Thanks LV,

I think I recall seeing LCD's on ebay with the n600c and 610c listed. I dont know tho. First thing is get the cpu working via an external monitor. Then try and plugin the lcd and see if ti works. If not, Im not gonna waste time and headaches of figuring out wires, I will just get a n610c lcd.

I am hoping they are interchangeable, thats about the extent, if not oh well. Just figured I would ask if anyone knew while waiting for it to arrive on the 3rd.

Thanks for the info tho.

Highly likely...

Most manufacturers will use the same glass over and over again until there is something better to use. Often the pinouts are the exact same anyways. It is highly likely that as long as the size of the screen is the same then they will be interchangeable. The following site has the various parts for order and seems to indicate that certain screens are interchangeable between certain models. Find the model number of your laptops and verify.

http://sparepartswarehouse.com/Compaq,Evo-Notebook,n610c,470057-823,Laptop,Parts.aspx

Hope this helps.

Well, got the replacement today. Slapped my battery in the new one, same thing as the old one, powers on and turns off. So its the battery and not the motherboard. Needless to say the button on the back of the batteries that lights up and shopws a full charge...yea, useless. And the local computer tech store is who told me it was the motherboard and NOT the battery. So I spent 60 bucks on a motherboard when all I needed was a battery. I am pretty ticked.

But, the new one is faster and a P4 not a P3, so I might just swap all the parts I Can and buy a LCD and have two laptops and sell the slower one or give it to someone as a present or something.

Bottom line, computer techs arent always right, should have went with my gut feeling on this one for sure. Sigh.