Colnitialize has not been called.

Chase369

Slayer of Face!
Reaction score
I just got a new PC and its running Windows 8.1. I downloaded EQ and everything was fine. I then downloaded MQ2 from this site and everything was fine. I then try to start EQ and now im getting a "Colnitialize has not been called" Error.

Has anyone got an idea what this means and how to fix it?

Are you loading MQ2MMOText? If so, try without it. If not that, how about MQ2VoiceCommand? Try without it.

let me know whether one, the other, or both - and I'll take a look closer (those are the only 2 we use that deal with threads that way - COM).

htw

I dont think it has anything to do with the loader or MQ2. Unless it was still running a process even after i exited the program.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Sorry, misunderstood - thought you meant it was with our mq2.

htw

I still get the error if i try to load eq thru the icon but if i use the EQLoader from this site i can play EQ. I dont understand. Does the eqloader from this site patch eq? Otherwise i may be fucked. I had no issues doenloading the game from station.com

Go into eq directory and find eqgame.exe, create a shortcut and right click, properties and add patchme to the target. But you still need to update I assume so from the eq directory launch launchpad. That should get you up to date

I still get the error if i try to load eq thru the icon but if i use the EQLoader from this site i can play EQ. I dont understand. Does the eqloader from this site patch eq? Otherwise i may be fucked. I had no issues doenloading the game from station.com

No, it bypasses patch.

htw

Go into eq directory and find eqgame.exe, create a shortcut and right click, properties and add patchme to the target. But you still need to update I assume so from the eq directory launch launchpad. That should get you up to date
That's what he's saying best I can tell - that running eq launcher/patcher from SOE is what's causing it. Not ours.

htw

Ok I got it fixed. I had some kind of malware or adware shit blocking it. Two programs that somehow decided which websites I should see first when searching for things. some shit I don't know..... Appolo and something else I all the sudden cant remember. I uninstalled them and it works fine now.

I think I clicked on a fake flashplayer/java/directx or something while getting all the support software when I booted up my new PC.

Thanks for the assistance.

That's what he's saying best I can tell - that running eq launcher/patcher from SOE is what's causing it. Not ours.

htw

/sigh I apparently can't scroll up and read... I'll blame it on a long day...

Just built a new box and I forget where to place the patchme in. Does this look correct?

Target:

"C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest\eqgame.exe\patchme"

Nevermind I decided to use EQlauncher again

Last edited:
Just built a new box and I forget where to place the patchme in. Does this look correct?

Target:

"C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest\eqgame.exe\patchme"

Nevermind I decided to use EQlauncher again

"C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme

incase you wanted to know