Collection Achievements

aspire2008

Iftw
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to do a collection achievement on a low level toon (e.g. level 1) and see if it levels you up quickly? I don't see any level restriction on clicking the items. Curious if anyone has tried.

Boy u can do a lot better turning in Crushbone belts and bone chips!!

Interesting, I wonder what the minimum level has to be to take advantage of it to actually gain some decent exp per collection achievement.

If you turn in multiple collections its still faster than leveling a toon yourself, especially at higher levels.

Oh btw, you have to have RoF to actually click the collection too. So won't work on startup f2p accounts unless you have RoF expansion enabled.

Post to this thread if you try it at different levels and how much the exp gain was.

Level 1 -3.9% exp gain

How much XP DO you get at higher levels. I have several alts still to level up from 95 to 100...

At 95 my alts were getting 2% per collection so unless you're close to leveling don't waste the collections on regular experience. Better to do the progression tasks with them for reg exp and keep the collections for AAs

You might be better off opting for the 10AAs at the lower levels; and by that I mean anything below like 96.

Are there any collection guides out there by chance?

So it seems capped for regular experience from what people posted so far.

It might be useful to save them for a double experience weekend, and use it for AA experience on an alt, so that would be 20 aa per reward window instead of the regular 10 aa.

9 AA per collection + the aug reward from completing 100% of the collections + 2-3 pieces of req.92 rec.95 jewelry

totals to be around 500aa in the end, and 75% of them are groundspawns

9 AA per collection + the aug reward from completing 100% of the collections + 2-3 pieces of req.92 rec.95 jewelry

Realistically how tough to complete this? Is it like the BiC augment, which required raiding? Are any of the items required INSANELY rare?

In other words, is the "risk vs reward" such that it's worth doing the work to earn the 500aas and the final aug, which indeed is very nice.

The jewelry appears to be level 98-100, btw, which isn't that big a deal since levelling up should be part of the goal of anyone playing in RoF zones, I would think...

Last edited:

Realistically how tough to complete this? Is it like the BiC augment, which required raiding? Are any of the items required INSANELY rare?

In other words, is the "risk vs reward" such that it's worth doing the work to earn the 500aas and the final aug, which indeed is very nice.

The jewelry appears to be level 98-100, btw, which isn't that big a deal since levelling up should be part of the goal of anyone playing in RoF zones, I would think...

so far i've only completed ground spawn collects.. the ones that drop from mobs are pretty rare (1/10 - 1/20, can drop dupes) the ground spawns, they're pretty easy, most can be gathered while invis... zones like breeding grounds have see invis AND some see through shroud of stealth, so those places will be tough, even for the ground spawns (mainly a factor in the t2 zones)

so far i've only completed ground spawn collects.. the ones that drop from mobs are pretty rare (1/10 - 1/20, can drop dupes) the ground spawns, they're pretty easy, most can be gathered while invis... zones like breeding grounds have see invis AND some see through shroud of stealth, so those places will be tough, even for the ground spawns (mainly a factor in the t2 zones)

I have been able to collect every groundspawn with a rogue in SoS. You'll end up getting tons of duplicates, but overall, it's not too bad. Groundspawns show up on your map so you can find them easily. Using a rogue or stacking invis/ITU is preferred because some zones (like Chapterhouse) have both live and undead mobs. No mobs in Breeding Grounds can see SoS, but there are eggs spread around the zone that act like a trap when you get near and break your invis causing mobs to attack. If you're careful in BG and avoid eggs, you will be perfectly safe.

Also, since everyone who does this will end up with lots of duplicates, there are many for sale in the bazaar (they are not No Drop). It is possible to buy every one if you're patient enough for that. If you sell your extras in the bazaar, you can make a killing. I've made over 2Mpp in the bazaar selling my extras since I started doing this quest. It seems people have more plat than patience and will buy them for just about any asking price.

Last edited:
The groundspawns have no respect for the Z axis BTW. Look up, on ledges, in items (like firepots in Kael) and behind wall structures (like the wall sconces in Kael) Use your map and be ready to climb or crawl up and over the geometry.

Use an SoS rogue and just watch for named. Many of the rarer groundspawns are found in the hard to get or unexpected spots

The ones that drop are doable by groups with no real issue. But as stated, they are a time sink. Not every mob of the specified type drops them all the time. Clearing Chetari in BG for the mercenary and partisian tasks over 2-3 days I got about half the ones from that collection.

The good part is they're all trade-able so fortunes can be made selling the dupes you get in the bazaar.