Cheating warning!

Fry - It's interesting you note that you see something in the upcoming test patch. That would indicate they intend on trying to catch/ban going forward but from experience haven't they done retroactive ban waves?

Curious if you see them targeting specifically the new abyss shit out there or if its in general

I had only just started using some of this stuff too - perfect timing to say thanks abyss :rolleyes:

Hmm

To be honest I'm not sure what rhyme or reason DB uses when they go after people. For example: The last toon I had catch a ban was part of a 6 box crew. If that toon was getting it, I thought for sure the others were going to catch it as well.

Nope.

Just the one. It was right after we did the merc quest in Feerrot, The Dream. My only guess was that someone spotted us and reported---but still, all 6 were guilty of using active stuff, not just the one that caught the ban.

All 6 had used warp/fartaunt/stealth

I waited a few months and petitioned about it, asking as nicely as possible to maybe get another chance---the reply was basically, "No--don't bother asking again either because we won't answer you."

Cold blooded, but hey, I took the risk and they caught me.

This ban occurred almost a year ago exactly

Just unsure of how...why...etc.

DBG likes to ban Tanker and Healer for some reason...

From what I hear, it's targeting active hacks and warps. General MQ2 usage should be fine.

If you check EQMules twitter, hes having a hell of a time with Test server update because of changes. If I come across more information, I'll let you guys know.

Have you heard anything new? Are they looking to do retroactive bans or just targeting for the future? I only recently began using active hacks (only a few times I used fartaunt in instances) and now it looks ill be receiving a ban?

man i stopped using active hacks on the first ban wave but dumb asses have to ruin shit for everyone doing them on the progression servers painting a giant target on everyone

Which servers

We need to make a distinction between actions taken on blue servers versus the special servers.

expected ban wave is for all of EQ im guessing
sucks if they catch anyone that paid for life eeeeek

Tomorrow being patch day are we looking at a possible ban hammer then or has anyone heard when it may take place?

Any word on suspensions or bans after the patch or ya think that will take a bit of time?

probably wasnt gonna happen right as servers came up but if Fry brought it up some of us are playing on borrowed time :(

I was using warp and fartaunt in missions almost daily until 2 days after the message was put up from fry.

I have since quit using all active hacks but I feel the hammer strike will hit me for sure. Ya I am paying close attention to anything said atm about it hoping but knowing even in missions and away from prying eyes I am still to blame.

Spring is here , summer around the corner maybe would be a favor for alot of people that and save money on EQ related stuff, well see

Ya I knew the risks and I used them and then got addicted to using them so no one to blame but myself. If it happens I will just take my money elsewhere and play another game, a lot of new stuff coming out soon.

There goes the rumor that the 12-crew of the botter who is annoying people on AB for months has been suspended or banned. But he has a new crew up and running and he has been reported uncountable times.

Either he sold his toons and/or renamed them or they have been banned.

Sadly this has given enough attention on all MQ2 users too.

Some are simply stupid...

I play on ab he was more than 12 and he was afk farming stone and ks peoples nameds with warp

Which toons of him do you mean?
At moment nobody is there, so he does not seem to be on 24/7 anymore.