Cheap Ass Tradeskillz - Draught of Craftsman

UPDATE

This returns the items MOST of the time. You can and will still lose things, so you may as well stock up on what you're doing. Still a huge time / money saver.

I just went through a full stack of vanadium ore, some for successes and others were just lost.

Wrong...I'm not losing anything, I have my salvage aa's maxxed, but I still believe this is 100% return on all items with potion for everyone even without the aa's, are you sure your losing some? I know I'm not and I've been going at it all day!

The only time it consumes an item is if it actually makes the end product. I think you need to actually watch your windows, because I don't think its taking any of your items on fail.

Last edited:
I did watch my windows, and i can state for ABSOLUTE certain, that i was losing items at times even on unsuccesful combines. Maybe you're not because of the added help from salvage AA's, which i do not have. That makes it a different situation between what you see and what i see, so let me rephrase .... If you don't have the salvage AA's, expect to lose some stuff.

Wrong...I'm not losing anything, I have my salvage aa's maxxed, but I still believe this is 100% return on all items with potion for everyone even without the aa's, are you sure your losing some? I know I'm not and I've been going at it all day!

The only time it consumes an item is if it actually makes the end product. I think you need to actually watch your windows, because I don't think its taking any of your items on fail.

Your AA's are covering the items that are not being recovered by the draught. Together, there is a slim chance you will lose any component.

Your AA's are covering the items that are not being recovered by the draught. Together, there is a slim chance you will lose any component.

Well yeah it has to be that, so if you have the salvage aa's you lose nothing at all every combine unless successful, I've done over 500 combines.

lol!!! forget a MQ potion, incoming NoDelay Potion for 5 minutes !

By the way, if this stays in I could see SoE pushing the next expansion's success rates on TS stuff down to some pathetic percentage.

Combine.mac uses the old UI TS thing. Not the recipie UI.

Can you explain this a bit more please? I have always had to have done a successful combine before I could use the combine macro.

Maybe I am using it wrong.

Lets say I have 0 skill in smithing and I buy the needed components to make vanadium armor templates. I don't have it in the receipts so I would need to manually place it in the forge. Do I then type /mac combine ? Will it continue to place the previous items in the forge?

Can you explain this a bit more please? I have always had to have done a successful combine before I could use the combine macro.

Lets say I have 0 skill in smithing and I buy the needed components to make vanadium armor templates. I don't have it in the receipts so I would need to manually place it in the forge. Do I then type /mac combine ? Will it continue to place the previous items in the forge?

Make the item ONE time successfully.... then type in the name in your recipe search window..... select it... click ADD to add it to favorite recipes... click SHOW ... to show your favorite recipes... you now have it perm added to your favorite list... once it is highlighted... you see the material components listed on the right... they should all be GREEN background (indicating you have the materials in stock).

Then you hit your social key that has /macro combine.mac in line 1.

If you still can't figure it out... i'm sorry.. i can't help you any further... this is as basic a breakdown i can give on how to use it.

Actually I didn't need the recipe in my history.

1. Place items in forge that you need for combine
2. If you are using the simple combine macro available here, simply type the mac command for the name of that file (it does everything else, pretty simple, combines and autoinventories until you are out of product for that recipe only

I think that's the question you are asking! Maybe I'm wrong, but yes this will combine the previous items you placed in the forge together until you have no product left to combine.

Last edited:
Make the item ONE time successfully.... then type in the name in your recipe search window..... select it... click ADD to add it to favorite recipes... click SHOW ... to show your favorite recipes... you now have it perm added to your favorite list... once it is highlighted... you see the material components listed on the right... they should all be GREEN background (indicating you have the materials in stock).

Then you hit your social key that has /macro combine.mac in line 1.

If you still can't figure it out... i'm sorry.. i can't help you any further... this is as basic a breakdown i can give on how to use it.

This is what I have done for years really. It was the comments that people have made that you don't have to first make the successful combine then use the tradeskill UI to highlight what you want the combine.mac to keep making.

I'm not sure I would spend $10 for this potion unless it was for a bot that I can keep in lobby forever. I'm not going to do that though. I'ld much rather get the skills on my main for shawl quest.

Right now I'm farming smithing/tailoring components like crazy. I don't even have to try to max those two. I get between 100 and 150 combines for each in my sleep.

I do have a suggestion for you all if you plan to go this direction. Once you get to 250ish you are going to start loosing your components fast. I suggest moving to Energeiac combines (I think they have those for most tradeskills). Most people are afraid of Energeiac. I like it even when I have the other components. But if you're getting it back, it's a lot cheaper. And you can sell your successes back to (which is pretty much most of what you spent).

Worked

This worked well for me i went and bazaar the items i needed for Tailoring i picked something that was a trivial 375 my skill was 75 i made it to 256 be for i had to get more stock because of successes but it did work and the timer did not go down the whole time when i was in guild hall.

Started with an Alchemy skill of 209 and a trophy at 4/7 7%.
Ended with 300 and 5/7 3%

Used an item with a trivial of 508.

This is a good thing to make for alchemy:

http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=31040&menustr=080010900000

UPDATE:

I only have one example, but I think the trophy evolves less using the above method with a high trivial (500+) item. Every other trophy I've done ended at 6/7 3% to 6% when I acheived 300 skill. This time I had a 5/7 3% trophy when I acheived a 300 skill. I used this to evolve my trophy to 7/7 0% and it took forever and I made about 10 packs full of items. Without a macro, I could never have done it.

Last edited:
Alchemy & research

Hi All

Think this is great at helps you recover the parchments & extruded diamonds that you would have lost if you filed combine. Some items take a long time to find or cost a fortune to purchase and this is definite help at not losing items

Buffalou

if someone happens to be on the path of maxing all tradeskills and wants to write a quick guide that'd be awesome! like 1 item from each TS that has high trivial and isn't a pain to find the materials.

I did energian orbs last night made 50 orbs went from 222 to 285. This morning I went from 255 to 300 Smithing. I had been saving mats for a while and started at rhenium through vanadium. had 40 vanas and that got that last 4 points for me. what I really need is a good all vender fletching path.

if someone happens to be on the path of maxing all tradeskills and wants to write a quick guide that'd be awesome! like 1 item from each TS that has high trivial and isn't a pain to find the materials.

I wish it worked like that...it will for a bit but even with an item that has a 500 trivial, you'll eventually make it. I made one at like 150ish, then didn't make another for a bit, but still, you need more then one set of materials. You need quite a bit.

What the potion in it's current state gets you is no fails given you have the salvage aa, so instead of losing items on fails, you keep reusing those again and again which saves tons of pp and materials.