Cheap Ass Tradeskillz - Draught of Craftsman

The biggest benefit I could see for this is for skilling up...says you were 0 at fletching, you pop potion, do the highest level trivial combine and go to town, you won't make the item but you won't lose the components. I could see this in the long run saving you plat so it may balance out the 10 bucks you pay for it.

Who knows though, it may be worth trying! ;)

Yeah but salvaging doesn't gaurantee a return on ALL components, just to "recover an item" that would otherwise be lost on the failed combine.

I'm just curious in case I am missing something because I am going to be pissed at how much I burnt on researching.

Well it depends, if it allows you to salvage 100% of the components then hell yeah this would be win...if you salvage like normal then I'm not sure if this would be a big deal.

I guess someone needs to try it and see. Anyone do this yet? If not, I'll probably give it a try on tailoring tomorrow since I'm doing the shawl right now.

That would be appreciated Alexandra. Going off the wording:

Salvage AA
"This ability gives you the chance to automatically recover an item that would otherwise be lost on a failed tradeskill combine."

Draught of the Craftsman MP Item
"This draught will give a 100% chance to salvage components from failed tradeskill attempts for two hours."

for $10 it better be 2 hrs return all components on fail.

yeah .. better be salvage on ALL components.

But figures they would /market something like this... money hungry f***ers.

This is absolute bull shit...

That being said it would benefit me cause I am only max in 1 or 2 things.
Way to stick the easy button in there guys...

What is next?

"Aura of the Bug", legalizes the use of MQ2 Compile for 4 hours, $5 a shot.

Followup

If someone uses this potion, could you please update us and confirm if it does or does not do a salvage on all materials.

Fletching is extremely easy to skill up till you reach 282. Most trade-skills are till you get past 250ish. Then it gets hard, and 100% salvage will only help somewhat. You will still succeed most of the time.

Also most trade-skillers will tell you that you have 1/3 of the chance to skill up on a failure as you do on a successful combine.

That said you may do more combines, but you won't be getting skillups as fast as if you were doing successful non-trivial combines. In most cases lower level skill ups cost much less than higher level skills ups. Going from 0 to 200 in most cases is very cheap plat wise and usually really fast.

Where this comes into play is when I want to restock my trader and burn through months of saved, rare, trade-skill items, I use this potion and have 100% use of all of the items. This I believe is the true value.

Fletching is extremely easy to skill up till you reach 282. Most trade-skills are till you get past 250ish. Then it gets hard, and 100% salvage will only help somewhat. You will still succeed most of the time.

Also most trade-skillers will tell you that you have 1/3 of the chance to skill up on a failure as you do on a successful combine.

That said you may do more combines, but you won't be getting skillups as fast as if you were doing successful non-trivial combines. In most cases lower level skill ups cost much less than higher level skills ups. Going from 0 to 200 in most cases is very cheap plat wise and usually really fast.

Where this comes into play is when I want to restock my trader and burn through months of saved, rare, trade-skill items, I use this potion and have 100% use of all of the items. This I believe is the true value.

Well not necessarily, it took me 150kk pp to get from 150 - 250 with Blacksmithing with ores and most of those were failures. I used ores because that was the item most available to me at the time and the easiest.

In the case of fletching, its true it's easy to get up to a certain level, however you could start at 0 with the hardest combine and make the highest level trivial item and possibly not get a success until 150 or higher, spending 0 pp. Huge savings if you are spending 100pp or more a combine.

It still costs platinum to get to the 250ish mark. The point you are bringing forth is what the devs had in mind, however this can be used other ways too. I plan on testing this theory out later!

Last edited:
The thing is things like Tailoring that is a straight pita to farm all the stuff for post 160ish really. Just do as Alex said. Find something that is a 480 skill and go to town with enough to make 10. That would get you really high for very little cost compared to before.

An easy mil in buying stuff or weeks farming.

Confirmed: GO to town now if you want to get your tradeskills up! It is in fact 100% salvage on ALL items

I'm doing the highest level combines on all tradeskills atm :p

AND

the ticker on the 2 hours doesn't go down in hall or lobby

Nerf incoming on that I'm guessing!

Last edited:
Is there a macro that will combine items that you haven't ever made old-school like?

I know the old tradeskill macros are capable of it, but I'm guessing you'll have to tweak that some if there isn't one already out there.

Last edited:
Aye, but will combine.mac open the old UI and pick stuff out of your inventory? I always figured it was just written to hit combine and autoinventory when you already have the recipe in the new UI's search bar.

Sorry, I'm guessing this is a question that I should already know the answer to haha.

Donating 10 bucks via paypal for a macro that auto combines a top level tailoring recipe constantly for skillup. I am rough when it comes to tweaking macs ect. Want something that I get the items like a stack or 3 of each hit this macro and let it fly. PM me on boards.

UPDATE

This returns the items MOST of the time. You can and will still lose things, so you may as well stock up on what you're doing. Still a huge time / money saver.

I just went through a full stack of vanadium ore, some for successes and others were just lost.

Last edited: