Chat Options Issue

louzer

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm having an issue with my chat options being reset (sometimes bound hotkeys too) in EQ. My colors and chat filters keep getting reset and I have to go in and change them back to the way I want them. This happens quite often, about every 3rd time I log in. I box multiple toons and all of them have the same settings and it's the same thing on every box. My layouts remain normal. Each char has their each individual customized (default UI) UI with hotkeys in the right places and everything. But the chat filters, colors, and sometimes the keys I have bound to certain hotkeys get reset i guess to default. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.

Maybe those options are all in the same ini for all accounts? I noticed clip plane is saved for all chars for example even if I can get them individually... There are many settings like that, bug the eq devs.

Last edited:
Yea, but even if that's the case, how do I stop it from resetting it to defaults every time. My chat colors and options (hide, show, mine only, group only, etc.) get reset to defaults often. Anyone know what causes that or how to fix it?

Are you running a full group of characters ?

Do you load them all really fast?

If the answer is yes what may be happening is your eqClient.ini is getting clobbered.

Load a single character and get it set the way you like it and try changing eqClient.ini to read only.

-------------------------------

The reason this happens: If you have a bunch of programs all trying to access the ini at the same time and one of them writes information the OS can block read access for a short time, so the client goes to get new values, can't, and reverts to the DEFAULT value.

Not sure whats happening either, but my UI elements are getting borked (not in their positions) all over the place since the last patch. Not sure if its eq or mq2 related. Reloading the skin for that same character fixes it though, really weird.

It is not MQ2 related. MQ2 doesn't touch any of that stuff.

You could always copy your UI ini shit (and the char data) from EQ directory via batch file or w/e. E.g., run a batch file that copies your files, then starts your toons - or use some other of a thousand methods for backup. :)

I haven't seen mine resetting, but not much help, since I usually only run 1 toon.

htw