character transfer

boocher13

Lifetimer
Reaction score
OK I'm trying to transfer one of my toons to another one of my accounts on the same server.I know the last time I did this a few years ago there was a link on the eqplayers website that took me right where I needed to be.Now when I go to character services it gives me the link to station players and wants to sell me the station access crap.Someone please let me know where I need to go to get the transfer option I'm blanking out here .

/petition

The automated system is down and there is debate about whether or not it will ever return. If the information matches (name at the very least and ideally bday and billing info) you can /petition and get it done that way.

Update us with what they wanted when you do it =)

thx.

Last edited:
I just got email replied from TSR and asking for the following information:

Hello,

For security reasons, we are unable to address your account issues without first verifying your identification. Please respond with the following information:

- Last four digits of the credit card used:
- Current Answer to your Security Question:
- Account / Registration Key (usually found on the back of your CD case or on the instruction manual):
- E-mail Address:
- Station Username(s):
- Birthdate:

Please keep the format above. This will enable us to process your request more efficiently. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you

I don't think I can provide them with the Original CD Key anymore..
and, where Do I find Birthday under the account?

Last edited:
That original CD-key is bullshit. They ask for it, it's standard, but I have never had to supply it ever. It's unreasonable anymore, especially on older accounts where you had the jewel cases, for them to think you can supply that information. Now, you never even get a key - you simply buy from the store digital download service. I am unsure of whether you are able to retrieve the DoB on the account management page.

I just got email replied from TSR and asking for the following information:

Hello,

For security reasons, we are unable to address your account issues without first verifying your identification. Please respond with the following information:

- Last four digits of the credit card used:
- Current Answer to your Security Question:
- Account / Registration Key (usually found on the back of your CD case or on the instruction manual):
- E-mail Address:
- Station Username(s):
- Birthdate:

Please keep the format above. This will enable us to process your request more efficiently. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you

I don't think I can provide them with the Original CD Key anymore..
and, where Do I find Birthday under the account?

You can't find the birthday on customer side of the information unfortunately. This is exactly why I have given up on trying to move a character to another account, I've found it difficult unless you have all the information.

More likely they dont want us to move char out from one account to other these days.

this really sucks.. :(

Do I reply to the email with the information they requested or update my ticket with the information?
Not sure how does this work..

Last edited:
More likely they dont want us to move char out from one account to other these days.

this really sucks.. :(

Do I reply to the email with the information they requested or update my ticket with the information?
Not sure how does this work..

You've also got to be careful if you get some asshat csr they may actually suspend the account if they think there is something funky going on, I had one treaten once :rolleyes:

Last edited:
You've also got to be careful if you get some asshat csr they may actually suspend the account if they think there is something funky going on, I had one treathen once :rolleyes:

wow.. that really sucks..

I have to check with DoB thing. :(

You've also got to be careful if you get some asshat csr they may actually suspend the account if they think there is something funky going on, I had one treathen once :rolleyes:

Yeah. I remember when I was trying to change information on an account and my router went down. When I was finally able to get back on, my account was suspended. It was in the middle of them questioning me and I "disconnected" which was suspicious. I got the account back immediately and supposedly all marks purged, but I am still apprehensive.

I dont remember putting DoB when creating a new account. was that old thing or new?

Might want to call them instead of replying to the email

it's easier to bullshit (if you need to) the CSR over the phone than in print

I've had them ask me for all of the information and was only able to provide pcs of it and have still been able to move characters. I call and tell them my ex or one of my kids tossed the CD cases, or that my kid set up the account and "I've no idea what birthday they used (You know how teenagers can be) "

God help me if they ever start recording and comparing calls. I've called so many times with so many different names, claimed to have been married to and divorced from so many people and have so many kids that are screw ups when they open accounts it'd make their heads spin.

Just tell them that they have the CD key #'s for it, and you don't since they no longer give them to you. That form also doesn't seem like a character transfer form, but more along the lines of what is needed to re-secure an account. Tell them you have moved toons in the past, and the only info needed was matching name and credit card info, and you don't feel safe giving out other info to a CSR rep, than ask to speak to the Floor Manager before disclosing personal account info.

Just supply then with what info you can. I've did a couple where I just half ass filled out that form and they never questioned it.

Update:

Got char moved out finally.

SoE was asking for:

1. last 4 digit of original CC
2. Account station name
3. Real Name (has to match on old and new acct)
4. DoB (didn't provide them)
5. Email Address
6. CD Key (didn't provide them)

after all verified, then TSR will have u purchase a Char Transfer token 2500 sc(that's what they using for transfer between accounts) and place on first inventory slot and done!