character sale values

Kokopelli2014

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I have a general question about the value an account would have if it had all its vet rewards and had an equivalency of 60+ played.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone!
I have a general question about the value an account would have if it had all its vet rewards and had an equivalency of 60+ yrs played? .

Usually Vet Accounts with full Vet Awards net about 150-200 (more if it has a high quality character obviously).

How can it have 60+ years (equivalent) played?

guide bug maybe on the inflated play time

guide bug maybe on the inflated play time

If it is a bug, then I would say that would drop the value because you never know when they would catch it and correct it. I had an account roll over to like 200+ years played once and gave me access to all Vet Awards for about a week before it fixed itself.

I'd say the OP or whoever previously owned the account was part of the guide program. That program grants silly amounts of /played time to the players account.

Guide program or Legends Account (Paid to play on Stormhammer) could give crazy Vet Reward credit. I have an account with 50+ years credit. Another 2 with 30+. One was a GM/Guide account, the others were Legends accounts.

Usually Vet Accounts with full Vet Awards net about 150-200 (more if it has a high quality character obviously).

I am surprised its this much. What rewards is it that makes people want to pay so well? Lotd is nice and 7th is nice, just surprised its worth that much.

If it's an empty account and just has the vet awards then I would figure 75-100 max. IT's if it has a decent character attached to it which ups it's worth.

Guide program or Legends Account (Paid to play on Stormhammer) could give crazy Vet Reward credit. I have an account with 50+ years credit. Another 2 with 30+. One was a GM/Guide account, the others were Legends accounts.

I have an old guide account as well as a stormhammer account that has like 58.6 years credit. The changes to the damn station cash though crushed me on the guide account. It was flagged free but this is my last year on free eq, but I have that since 2002 so 12 years of win.

Last edited:
Completely depends on the buyer. There are some people that value a vet AA account, however the majority of account buyers and sellers who are established and see an investment quality to high end characters, will move those characters to their own account for security - so vet AAs on the account have no value to them.

As a former guide, can personally tell you that when the Vet Awards came out, my account had over 60 years worth of time on it. Of course, that was kind of a slap in the face considering that my account was free to play up until that point :)

My Stormhammer/Legends account has no such perks. WTF. Sadface.

I wish I had the veteran rewards on my main account, but I just broke into the 2 year mark.

As others have said though, I would not value the account high at all due to it being someone elses account. It's compromised as far as I'm concerned, so there is no point in keeping any valuable assets attached.

Use to be a sploit you could do with your sub that would add years played onto your account. I had 5 accounts that had 40 years each on them. Fixed now but was easy way to get all Vet instantly

some accounts lost them , none of mine did though lol