Cant log in more than 3 toons please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

necroman

Lifetimer
Reaction score
If i log in more than 3 toons or i get the eq crash. I have a good pc with the latest drivers. p4 2gig ram and ati x800pro card. any sugestions? i want to run lava mm's all on one pc.

Necroman

Get a copy of WinEQ 2.0

Change your screen res of EQ to 800 x 600

Turn off all old world models

Turn everything to low

YOu should be right to box an army then :)

Disagree w/ the Wineq to me its crap, i tried it once made me lag out so bad had to shut down, i would stick w/ eq , do what yoda said , Turn off new models, EVERYTHING on low, and Sky = off

yea i did that but for some reason i still crash when trying to start my 3rd instance of eq. i have found a work around though which is get 4 instances to the loging screen b4 i start loggin in and that seems to work fine with or without all the graphics on. i did turn them all off and set everythign to low just to make it a little smoother.

However Trying to play counterstrike with 4 instances of eq running on my machine is a little chunky but shit i guess i cant be greedy.

Necroman

could be network issue, or resource issues.

The reason for wineq 2 is because of eqplaynice, which prevent eq from taking far too many resources when in use and especially when not in use. The other thing you need to check is that your paging file size is fairly large. If you are unaware how to do that you can right click on My Computer, select properties, click on advanced tab, performance click settings. then click the advanced tab and under virtual memory click change. pick custom size and type in a larger number. I use 2048 but thats because I play up to 7 on the same machine, for 4-5 1024 should be plenty. Be sure to set the initial size and maximum to the same value(ie 1024 and 1024) to prevent fragmentation and you'll be set.

for those who have been using different values and fear they may have fragmentation, set both values to zero, restart, set both values to the same number where you want the max, and restart again and you'll be fine. may want to do a full defragment too.

Status
Not open for further replies.