Can't get past character screen

rackarn

The Average Joe MQer
Reaction score
On all my accounts everything works fine except for one and I don't understand why. I play without issue on 3 chars. Doesn't matter if I load this one account Im having trouble with first or last or alone. I get to char select, then if I click on enter I get the loading bar, it seems complete and then nothing happens. I see my Hd light isn't blinking when everything seems to stop. I was playing this char fine the other day. I don't get it.

When eq works fine for all my other chars. Is it something with the account? Or user files or something? Since it's only on this account. I can try to see of it's only this char or if it's on every char on this account. Sigh WTF!

Hope someone is smarter than me and knows what I can try to fix it.
Thanks!

Want to also add that I can't do anything except move the mouse around later on. Can't tab back to something else or get the start menu up or anything.

It's killing me. This is my main char LOL. Only alt accounts working without issue.

Sounds like UI problem. Try copying your UI file to somewhere else for backup, then delete it and logging in. If that doesn't work, try doing the same with your userdata file. I would try Full File Check too, after deleting the zonefile of the zone your problem toon is trying to log into.

I did a windows search for all the files that have my character name in it and moved them to desktop. Do I need to do more?

The character is in guild lobby. I loaded into my other account fine within seconds of clicking enter world (into the guild lobby). I will do the full file check regardless.

I log out and try doing this with the other account and I get like a total system freeze. I can't do taskmanager or tab to desktop or anything. I'm just stuck looking at loading screen and a mouse which i can move around but nothing's happening. I end up having to turn off my computer with the power button since I can't interact with it in any way.

I will try doing a full file check but like I said it's odd cuz I play fine on all other characters and accounts. Just not this one account...

Btw, is it possible to see some type of log of what's going on up to the computer freezing. (If it continues, to be able to rule out more things?)

Will update shortly with how it goes. I'm even concidering logging in without winEQ2 eventhough i have no issues with the other accounts.

That's really weird. I had that happen to me once and then I realized that I was using a friend's computer and my character was in a zone that he didn't have installed. I doubt this is the case with you since it is the same comp.

Gunna try doing a system restore from before I just installed a windows update and some other stuff.

I started a full scan on eq and it seems to sack out at 47 perent. On ortp.dll I believe it is (possibly starts with an a - it's hard to see so small text.)

Will try again after the restore and see what happens.

Still find it odd when I can play my other chars fine. So seems it has to have ties with settings or something on that account or character.

Now I'm doing a restore and my computer is being retarded. Sigh.
Seems I might have made the problem worse. :(

here

Id hate to think anyone would do a system restore just because the UI file for that particular log in is screwed up lol, that would be retarded.

Look in your EQ directory for the name of the log in...once your search is complete you should have a few files in your search window. DELETE all the files so theres no confusion. repatch EQ and log into your account and you should be good to go.
REMEMBER your not searching for toons on the account your doing a search for the account name.

Thanks Ill give that a try. Didn't remove anything with the account name first time around. Will see if that might solve things.

Tried deleting everything with accountname. Still freezes my computer when trying to log in, so I have to reset my whole pc. Sigh

Still only a problem with this account. WTF. Has soe done something to it?
Worked fine two days ago.

have you tried logging from another computer, if thats possible for you. if its a file issue then that will prove it.

Wish I could but unable to. Can't be a file issue I feel since it's guild lobby that I'm in and I've taken out all files from re eq folder with the char and accountname in it.

My other account logs in fine. Doing another full scan and replacing that ortp.dll which scan got hung up on before. Who knows. Might fix it. Hope so. Will also try not using mmoloader or wineq2 and try regular eq.

I don't want to be stuck only playing my alts LOL.

Ok, loaded up EQ regularly (without mmoloader or winEQ2) and did a full scan after deleting the old ortp.dll which scan got held up on before.

It redownloaded a new one and this time around after character select I actually got into the game. WOOT! :)

I camped to desktop later and now I'm going to give it a try with wineq2 and mmoloader. If it gets held up with them loaded then i guess it must be an issue with those programs... time will tell. Wish me luck.

EDIT: NOW WORKING AGAIN! YAY!
Seems that one file did it...odd.

That's cool you got it going. ortp is for RTP protocol, and has to do (in this case) with the voice chat system for EQ.

htw