MQ2 Bot question (Shaman spam)

memphis

Reaction score
I box, and am trying to let my shaman bot to make boxing a bit easier.

115 shaman. Max aa's.

I've made no alterations to the ini.file. Healing, it's working great, and I love it. Some minor problems, though.

Out of combat, he spams Lupine Spirit IV. I looked thru the forums, and it says when spamming, something's probably misspelled. I can't find any reference to Lupine Spirit in the ini at all. Frankly, I don't even know what Lupine Spirit is or does, and have never hotkeyed it. I'd be fine if this went away all together.

In combat, if we have multiple mobs, he dots all of them. Even the mezzed ones. Breaking mezzes and creating issues...not a great side effect of my bot healer. Do I just not mem a dot?

I'm new to this. And very new to messing with files. This is supposed to make my life easier, not make me a computer programmer/file master/whatever proper term, apologies to actual programmers.

Thanks for any advice.

Check our MQ2Bot Common Problems and Answers.

Follow the instructions to disable Lupine Spirit IV AA in your ini. You'll want to set something like "AAif0=0" but this is dependent on what the AA number of Lupine Spirit is.

In your characters ini is also what it dots at. It defaults at 99.

Code:
DotAt=99

You can change that if it's becoming an issue or disable dots completely. Also make sure you have a Main assist set.

Some classes will take some messing with to get the way you want.

I appreciate the response, but if I could find instructions that I could understand about disabling Lupine Spirit, or even mention of it, I'd have done that.

When you say have main assist set, do you mean the group role, or something in the ini file ?

Thanks

AssistName=Name of wahoo you are assisting
disabling anything (spell aa clickies) is a very common question that is asked a lot and often over and over
I did try to tell you how to disable an AA in this case Lupine Spirit
read what I posted, do it and win :)
look at the bot ini section of your toon_server ini (where all kinds of settings exist) including a bot section.

this is where you would ADD an entry to turn off the AA that is controling Lupine Spirit, its gonna look like this
AAif0=0 (that means turn off AA0, if Lupine for your shaman is number 0, it could be 0, 1 , 3, 4, 5 whatever, pay attn on your MQ window to see what info spits out after u type out /bot on (in the AA section)

not sure how much more specific u need instructions or if they need to be any more simplified, gl

I appreciate the response, but if I could find instructions that I could understand about disabling Lupine Spirit, or even mention of it, I'd have done that.

When you say have main assist set, do you mean the group role, or something in the ini file ?

Thanks

When you start MQ2Bot with /bot on, it displays all your spells/AA/Skills, it will display something like this for AA section.

AA0: Random AA Name Here
AA1: Random AA Name Here
AA2: Lupine Spirit
AA3: Random AA Name Here

So in this example, AA2 is Lupine Spirit, yours may or may not be different, but lets disable AA2.

Now open your ServerName_CharacterName.ini that is in your MacroQuest folder.

Scroll down to the [MQ2Bot] section.

Add to the bottom of the MQ2Bot section,

AAif2=0

Now save file, do "/bot on" again. Now it wont use AA2.

It lists 4 aa's. Lupine Spirit isn't one listed. Fleeting Spirit is. I turned that off.

Still spamming Lupine Spirit if not in melee.

Thanks

Lupine Spirit: Tries to cast the highest version you have scribed of Tala'Tak

Tala'Tak is a movement and attack buff that shows up under SelfBuff.

If you are just using bot and no other macro you can do set it to 0
Example: SelfBuffif0=0 (or what ever number Tala'Tak shows up as.

you prob dont have the highest version scribed and or its conflicting with another buff that it Doesnt stack with

Tala'Tek was a SelfBuff. Setting it to 0 seems to have worked. Thank you !

This is making sense now.

Since spell name is Tala'Tak, it's looking for Tala'Tak as a buff on itself. The problem is, the buff is called Lupine Spirit so it's not seeing the Tala 'Tak buff, and recasting it.

New problem. Yay. Why would mid melee it just run away? Not heal, just run.

English please, additionally more descriptive of scenario

I use the plugin and I use shaman class, my shaman never runs for no reason

is he setting an anchor (making a camp?, is he set as a looter?)

Bet he has a the summon return to camp on.

SHMAN MQ2BOT NOT WORKING CORRECTLY

STILL SPAMS DOG BUFF
NOT HEALING
CASTING BUFFS DURING COMBAT