Can you detect if you have a pet suspended?

Reaction score
Is there any way to pull back by TLO if you already have a pet suspended????

Or do i have to do it the hard way and try to suspend a pet... and make an event trigger for the text you get when you already have a pet suspended...

Example:

#Event SuspendedPet "#*#You cannot have more than one pet at a time.#*#"

Or do i have to do it the hard way and try to suspend a pet... and make an event trigger for the text you get when you already have a pet suspended...

Example:

${Me.Pet.State}

It should be:

NULL : You don't have a pet, suspended or otherwise.
NO PET : Your pet is suspended.
STAND/SIT/etc. : You have a pet, and it's not suspended.

At least that's the way I recall it. Give it a shot and see if that's what you get.

htw

i use an event and global variables in a .cfg file.

Cool. What I posted should work though.

htw
it occurs to me.. could that be what is causing mq2bot to crash for some pet classes. i have it look for not = -1 basically. but if a pet is suspended it could cause a crash maybe?

Checking for ${Me.Pet.State} working for everything BUT detecting suspended state.

I made a pet... suspended it.. and echoed a ${Me.Pet.State} ...

Returns NULL ... not NO PET as you stated it should.... So still having issue determining if i have a suspended pet within my check for no active pet. !${Me.Pet.ID} ... which is what i need to do.

Example:

${Me.Pet.State}

It should be:

NULL : You don't have a pet, suspended or otherwise.
NO PET : Your pet is suspended.
STAND/SIT/etc. : You have a pet, and it's not suspended.

At least that's the way I recall it. Give it a shot and see if that's what you get.

htw

Last edited:
Hmm, sounds like for both your posts, we might look into it then!

Tree: What class / pet please?
Pete: Does crash that happens you mentioned, do it with any class pet/type, or does it seem to follow a set?

I'll see what I can find out later tonight when at home.

htw

Pete: Does crash that happens you mentioned, do it with any class pet/type, or does it seem to follow a set?

htw

Mage - Water(rogue class) pet.

Yeah ... THe state for NULL works fine when wanting to determine if no pet instead of a !${Me.Pet.ID} non active check... and sit/stand state is fine to detect pet as well instead of ${Me.Pet.ID} active pet check. ... But i've tested it several times now.. and i still return NULL for a ${Me.Pet.State} after i dismiss all pets... even suspended... then make a fresh pet and suspend that one then do the check.

Last edited:

htw
i dont crash. other people crash that have pets in their group or classes that are pet classes and they turn attack on. im not sure why they would crash and im not.

I really only crash on my mage while running. Shaman with a pet up doesn't crash at all.

htw

Any update?????

There are no TLO's that will pull it back.. Went through list of eqmule's added TLO for ${Me.Pet}:

Code:
|--- 11 Oct 2013 by EqMule
|--- -Removed PetTarget and PetCombat
|--- -Added new TLO members for ${Me.Pet}
|--- - Buff example: /echo ${Me.Pet.Buff[1]} returns a pSpellType
|--- example: /echo ${Me.Pet.Buff[Spirit of Wolf]} returns a pIntType (The slot the buff is in)
|--- - Combat example: /echo ${Me.Pet.Combat} returns a pBoolType TRUE or FALSE (on/off)
|--- - GHold example: /echo ${Me.Pet.GHold} returns a pBoolType TRUE or FALSE (on/off)
|--- - Hold example: /echo ${Me.Pet.Hold} returns a pBoolType TRUE or FALSE (on/off)
|--- - ReGroup example: /echo ${Me.Pet.ReGroup} returns a pBoolType TRUE or FALSE (on/off)
|--- - Stance example: /echo ${Me.Pet.Stance} returns a pStringType "FOLLOW" or "GUARD"
|--- - Stop example: /echo ${Me.Pet.Stop} returns a pBoolType TRUE or FALSE (on/off)
|--- - Target example: /echo ${Me.Pet.Target} returns a pSpawnType of the pets current target
|--- - Taunt example: /echo ${Me.Pet.Taunt} returns a pBoolType TRUE or FALSE (on/off)

I think the closest you are going to get is going with something similar to what Pete said, and use events. I checked into it, and I don't see it being kept in the client anywhere. In fact, even if you have no pet, you can cast Suspend Minion, and all that happens is the cast finishes and there is no feedback, and nothing happens.

It looks like it tells the server, and if you have one kept there, then it restores it - so like I said, client doesn't know.

You would have to trap the various messages, and even take into account if your flag says you have one suspended, if you can't get it back within a certain time, to just assume you don't have one suspended, and call one. Course, if you are keeping one live and one suspended, you could just call a pet (if you don't have one), and then suspend it - if you get the text about not having more than one at a time, you have one suspended already.

htw

Thanks for the feedback and keeping on top of this. Was already prepared for the worst and setting local logical variables based upon feedback from event traps.

Just sucks it has to be handled like that since it is checking serverside and no local client data to check against.

I think the closest you are going to get is going with something similar to what Pete said, and use events. I checked into it, and I don't see it being kept in the client anywhere. In fact, even if you have no pet, you can cast Suspend Minion, and all that happens is the cast finishes and there is no feedback, and nothing happens.

It looks like it tells the server, and if you have one kept there, then it restores it - so like I said, client doesn't know.

You would have to trap the various messages, and even take into account if your flag says you have one suspended, if you can't get it back within a certain time, to just assume you don't have one suspended, and call one. Course, if you are keeping one live and one suspended, you could just call a pet (if you don't have one), and then suspend it - if you get the text about not having more than one at a time, you have one suspended already.

htw