Boxxing team. 3 vs The world!

Trio Box Dream Team!!

• sk/sham/bard

Votes: 77 77.0%
  • mage/sham/bard

Votes: 23 23.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
guy is prob just trying to use some possibly non 90 bard or mage and who knows what content hes aiming at

t5 mercs can heal and tank anything meant for a grp these days so if hes hunting small stuff he wont have any problems regardless of grp make up

I personally have done Bard/Mage/Shaman and it worked out good, as the bard can tank and twist at the same time. And bard takes just as much time as a sk does to get him to tanking point so. Yes, id choose this combo over sk one

Bard is a horrible tank in any decent content with any decent dps toons in a group. A wizard or necro or zerker or ranger or rogue or... you get the point... will gank agro off the bard constantly. Bard agro is hard capped to allow them to use ae songs on raids without getting fucking owned for "buffing" an entire 54 person raid every 12 seconds. As such, masks with anger mods, stun weapons, anger poisons, etc, etc, etc are all of limited use. The best agro a bard can hope for is pulling, slowing on incoming, and dotting the shit out of it while they melee with the toons I mentioned above. Even then a high dps toon like a zerker or rogue actually making any sort of effort will gank agro.

Go with SK. Don't bother trying to tank real content with a bard.

screw that

do 4 mages, 1 chanter , 1 cleric. what cant u take on :)

Lol its funny you say bards cant tank and hold aggro, i dont disc on my alts, dont need to, my bard does enough dps to not even bother, even tanking t4 named with just a cleric merc is very easily doable by any high end bard. I have no problems. So i dont know what kind of bards you hang around but apparently they suck. As for zerker ganking aggro yea, they can, but i held my own aggro on my bard against 2 zerkers, a rogue, and a beasty. So, word of advice, find you some good bards to play with and you wont have this problem. Oh, and these never get slowed, slows are for the weak. And as for having a necro box, its easy, so long as you know how to play your toons and not depend on a macro, because there isnt a macro that can do what you need the necro to do, its far too complicated. Wizard is easy too so long as there is only 1 wizzy in group, mindfreeze/brainfreeze works perfect. And if your a bard playing AE Mana/HP regen on raids, your: 1) Guild sucks. 2) The mob isn't dying fast enough. 3) Players ain't playing there toons smart and efficient during raids. Ive never been on a raid where i seen a single bard playing ae regen, its too risky because i did it a couple times and soon as adds would spawn bam dead, and the fact is it doesnt really help the raid.

Last edited:
held my own aggro on my bard against 2 zerkers, a rogue, and a beasty

apparently they suck

(own each of those classes and while they arent fucktards to try to get aggro , they innatly can)

yaay for zerkers rogues and bsts having to fight (cause they would) to loose aggro when they should have been dpsing

now if you are saying that these classes are going balls out and still dont outaggro some shitty bard (yes one that is pretending to be a tank) then not sure what game they play, rest of us that have max aa max lvl, max grp toons (fully raid geared of any of those classes would certainly outaggro unintentionally im sure)

Moral of the story any class can go stand in front of a mob and be in HoT especially if there is a grp that actually is killing (even though from story deaggroing while still doing their job)

last note have personally known folks that have used just about any class and said they tank w it (dru, cler wiz etc), or idiots that say look at me I can aggro this or that(even for a short duration) at the expense of not doing their best at what ever class they are playing

First off, my bard is full raid geared, my box zerker has his raid weapon, yes, if they disc then they will steal aggro, only way for my zerker to get it is if i hit every single disc he has up, once the last one hits, bam, mobs on him, does it bother me? no. And yes, i will pwn fuck your toon with my bard. 1) i can CC, your sk wont. 2) I can tank if i need to. 3) I can fade if i do get into some shit, my fade to get interrupted where as fd can if you dont have deaths effigy up.

bard is full raid geared

so you are grping and tanking for (outaggroing) a zerk w a raid weapon

well this one time my chanter (not raid geared was tanking for a grp of SoD geared toons..............

and since its about my sk (I can cc , have a bard and chanter too when i want, but he tanks multiple adds just fine, tanking is part of his main roles......my own bard does his job and keeps the grp going strong (its part of his main role) and I have 3 diff FDs at my disposal but yea im not spamming them, nor do I find the need to. they are usually up most of the time (hates attraction or snare + effigy is used to split which is not every pull).

Just cause my chanter "tanked" didnt an ideal tanking class make him

P S what im gathering by this gentleman's post is that if you have a raid geared bard you should be fine not only tanking but keeping aggro against DPS classes, so if that was one of your choices by all means use that raid geared bard over the mage

this however may only work if rest of toons are of lesser quality more than likely not equally geared or aad let alone higher geared aad etc but good luck man what ever u end up doing

Last edited:
I agree with the SK > Mage. If you go for the long haul the SK will take longer to peak but when your fully geared and AA'ed the SK will let you pull off harder content.

I have been boxing an sk/shm/brd trio for a long time now, can take out any groupable content these days w/ no problems.

i run zerk /shaman/bard easy trio combo i can kill anything in game..

welp!

I went with bard/sk/shaman. I like your points, and opinions. and were of great help. thanks for the info

Bards....can hold aggro like a crazy fool, if you are max aa with Cacophony and Funeral Dirge, witch are both big dots, your crits for each dot being around 9k each..my Zerker that is #1 on the server cannot ....i repeat... cannot get aggro during the duration of these long dots , and they last long past the life of whatever mob the bard is tanking....add Deftdance (WeaponShield) to the mix and your bard...will hold aggro and not take any damage during the majority of any group named hitpoints downward spiral. Granted the bard has to wait a few min to reuse these dots...Try it for yourself and see if you can pull aggro off the bard with both of those big AA dots running. I've played with SK's and Pallys and every other taunt class...and yes a mob will for brief seconds turn...but will always go right back tot he bard during these dots.....huge aggro.

maxed aa on dots.....best focus he can get

as u can see i dont save em for a special occasion, if they are ready to go they get used.

I dont have to hesitate tanking w either sk or warr and give those 2 little dots a second thought, 9k crit for a dot is nothing

till you posted I never knew they even aggroed , cause from my boxing point of view never saw it.

Have no ill feelings towards bard (have my own....) but yea out tanking or outaggroing w a bard is not something ive ever seen and definatly not boxing (no I dont hold anything back on any toon I play), balls to the wall on every mob, bard just has never fit the role of aggro or tank for me

none of my toons are even remotely close to #1 on server but any of the tanks I play never have an issue w aggro, I do have a zerk and again though all my toons are humble grp gear he has parsed as high as 40k in grp content, only toon that Ive ever had aggro swap is if for some reason mob lives too long and Im running an necro (real dots there)

Code:
holyshit6=/if (${Melee.Combat} && ${Me.AltAbilityReady[Cacophony]} && ${Target.PctHPs}>10) /aa act Cacophony

holyshit8=/if (${Melee.Combat} && ${Me.AltAbilityReady[Funeral Dirge]} && ${Target.PctHPs}>10) /aa act Funeral Dirge

I would love if the bard was a reliable tank maintaining aggro and mitigating dmg, id add another dps class to the current TANK spot I use.

sk (have a rogue wiz or necro that would love this spot)
shm
zerk
monk
ranger
bard

trash mobs any toon there can tank, but on some named they may have issues and I dont like to maybe beat a mob (though perhaps if it was non instanced i could just pop a merc tank for duration, though ive never used one and not sure how they do w shaman heals.

Would be awesome if any of those classes did tank for me and not have to go to give up any dps for tanking

lol you making me think about sitting down sk now for another dps, still dont see bard as viable but maybe monk and perhaps zerk can tank for me.

Full of shizzle

Bards....can hold aggro like a crazy fool, if you are max aa with Cacophony and Funeral Dirge, witch are both big dots, your crits for each dot being around 9k each..my Zerker that is #1 on the server cannot ....i repeat... cannot get aggro during the duration of these long dots , and they last long past the life of whatever mob the bard is tanking....add Deftdance (WeaponShield) to the mix and your bard...will hold aggro and not take any damage during the majority of any group named hitpoints downward spiral. Granted the bard has to wait a few min to reuse these dots...Try it for yourself and see if you can pull aggro off the bard with both of those big AA dots running. I've played with SK's and Pallys and every other taunt class...and yes a mob will for brief seconds turn...but will always go right back tot he bard during these dots.....huge aggro.

I have a max AA bard and with a 31 percussion mod the crits are like 5k without a glyph and 6 or 7 with - but nowhere near 9k unless you have a raid percussion mod and rk III spells (and even then I would be surprised if they got to 9k). Further, the recast on funeral dirge and cacophony and deft dance are all too long to make them viable for use in holding aggro or mitigating damage other than on occasional named mobs. In my opinion with the current spell sets a bard is NOT a viable tank for a boxing group. And if you have a decent necro in your group, you may as well set it to main tank without a taunt class as tank.

hangs head in shame to necro aggro if hes dotting his ass off and doesnt FD :(

i play a sk/shaman/mage normally but can swap a bard in for the shaman. i have a 90 warrior on the sk account as welll that is tier 4 geared that i use to play but enjoy the versatility of the sk more then warrior.

I do bard/zerker/shammy, bard is max aa's, zerker is about 2k aa's and shammy is about 2500 aa's, bard/shaman both have 2.0's, and all have raid weapons etc from HoT. Isnt a single thing i cant kill in game even without my shammy.

raid geared most any class can step into grp content and do well

Ive seen tanking wizards over the yrs, im sure there are still some out there, they could care less about aggro, w a healer let alone healer and slower

any melee w hot raid gear should not blink about being capable of tanking a mob

you may also do great running w grp geared toons holding aggro

but all things being equal (raid geared and same aa toons) yea tanks still get aggro last i heard.