Votes: 77 77.0%
  • mage/sham/bard

Votes: 23 23.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rejoice913

Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay, I currently have sk,sham,monk,cleric,bard,mage. I'm thinking hard about which 3 i want to level up, aa and then raid with eventually, half of them are 90, half aren't, not saying which becuase I don't want that to be in the equation.

I dont' really want to play cleric, bucuase I can't main heal when i'm boxxing 3 accounts, and all the clericbots I have/own/use/baught are horrible at AE healing in t3/t4 content. Shitty t5 90 healing merc does better.

I was thinking either. sk/bard/sham, or mage/bard/sham. Which you think could be the more powerfull trio?

Last edited:
Modbot will handle your chars and do whatever you want them too. It mains heals my 6 box team NP

My dream team combo zerker/sham/bard. Shit doesn't survive.

I was thinking either. sk/bard/sham, or mage/sk/sham. Which you think could be the more powerfull trio?

Out of those two combos, in my opinion: SK / Shaman / Mage

But if you load up 2 or 3 DPS Mercs, Bard might be good too. I have more experience with Mage so I'm slightly biased towards that combo (I have a ton of experience with SK and Shaman).

both combos are gay imo!! SK Bard Zerker better or SK BARD WIZ

whats modbot?

I use dev's macros for all of mine. cleric one i baught. rest are the free ones here.

sk/bard/sham, or mage/sk/sham

the only question you are asking is if you should play a mage or a bard
i think a bard shines w a bunch of other classes that can dps otherwise his contributions are small if hes trying to be dps himself, the mage (we all know they can take out named in T4 w a merc at about 1500 aa right?) can hold his own and of the 2 choices is better dps than a bard

zerker/sham/bard
whose tanking and if u say zerk did he go all ac augs vs heroic STR to try to play a tank at expense of dps? also not sure if hes saying hes got a tanking zerk ready to go

I currently have sk,sham,monk,cleric,bard,mage

Sk (u need a tank, takes care of pulls, can tank multiples depending on gear aa and zone, shm (can be main healer) MONK curretly little darlings in the dps dpt and of the remaining choices its the best dps u got (3 mercs..... if u really must cler merc then 2 dps
my NO votes (cleric) (bard) , could do a mage if your sk is fine tanking unslowed mobs (air pet stunning will help)

oh shit, sorry

the poll question is right, but the written is INCORRECT. its SK/Sham/Bard OR MAGE/sham/bard

I run Bst,Brd,Shm and when I choose to run a fourth I use a zerker.

Sk... You'll need to put some work into it more then just AA's for the mage.

But having a real tank kicks arse compared to mage pet or merc tank any day.

Last edited:
Sk... You'll need to put some work into it more then just AA's for the mage.

But having a real tank kicks arse compared to mage pet or merc tank any day.
Yeah, this. I can't stress how accurate this statement is.

I've done it both ways: Mage pet/Merc tank and real plate PC tank (have used SK / War / Pally, all high AA/gear). It just doesn't compare. Use a real tank if you can. My personal choice is SK, but you really can't go wrong with any of the 3.

expansions are harder and easier than others throughout eq history. what has always worked is the trifecta of tank + cc + healer. it lets you do the widest content. in todays game you can get away with merc for healers or a wide variety of tank options and just use pure dps to burn.. but it wasnt like that in UF. it might not be like that in the next expansion. plan for tomorrow, not for today.

My dream trio box team and the one i currently play with is a Ranger, Necromancer and zerker. I dont need healers for the most part because of the necro giving the ranger RB and the ranger chain nuking. With that amount of dps, shit just falls down when it sees me coming

I used to use war/monk/rogue/brd/shaman. But i do a lot of high visability camps and the mq2melee was to obvious so i started to use sk/monk/mag/wiz/enc with shaman outside of group. I want to use shaman as main healer but i afk a lot and the cleric merc will rez the mag/wiz if they die. I really like sk/monk/bard combo but the bards CC is not always fast enough and I like the enc buff+ bard. My wiz is not lvl 90 yet so I am not sure about his dps and how it compares to a mag. I have 2 mags and was thinking of ditching the wiz. Sorry to hijack your threat a little but anyones advice on what my box setup should be would be nice also. I have sk/monk for sure then
wiz/mag/mag/bard/shaman/rogue/ranger/war. I wish groups could be bigger lol

3 Mages 1 enc Best box combo

I used to use war/monk/rogue/brd/shaman. But i do a lot of high visability camps and the mq2melee was to obvious so i started to use sk/monk/mag/wiz/enc with shaman outside of group. I want to use shaman as main healer but i afk a lot and the cleric merc will rez the mag/wiz if they die. I really like sk/monk/bard combo but the bards CC is not always fast enough and I like the enc buff+ bard. My wiz is not lvl 90 yet so I am not sure about his dps and how it compares to a mag. I have 2 mags and was thinking of ditching the wiz. Sorry to hijack your threat a little but anyones advice on what my box setup should be would be nice also. I have sk/monk for sure then
wiz/mag/mag/bard/shaman/rogue/ranger/war. I wish groups could be bigger lol

With 3 air pets + enc for CC/ haste /crack guy I know did all of House of Thule progression by boxing. I use same setup sometimes and its because with 3 air pets stunning the mob its just sick. For example Queen Klaknak in Al'Kabor's Nightmare. I know of a lot of people who won't even mess with her because not only does she hit hard but she spawns High lvl adds. With 3 mage and an enc its easy. For mercs Use 2 clerics 1 on reactive, 1 on Balanced. For 3rd merc I usually go with wizzy merc cause they fight away from mob and don't get hit by ae spells.

An example of what I am referring to. The mission No freedom in death has the mob called Higher Denizen which casts
Power of the High: PB AE 100', Magic (-675)
1: Decrease Hitpoints by 38000
2: Stun (2.00 sec)

That mission sucks. It's easy now... but was easy for 3 mage pets during actual progression, whereas with My tank I had to get him 90 with T4 gear before the TIER TWO mission was doable /boggle

One last thought on boxed grp. If you box more than 4, a shaman for heals is way better than mercs. With one lvl 90 shaman I don't need any cleric merc which frees up those merc slots for a DPS merc if I wish to go that route or for friends to join my grp. plus you get buffs/dots/call of the wild(no xp res) I usually keep a cleric merc out and on passive just in case something comes up and need it.

As far as bard vs enc, Bard CC sucks. With enc i can stack 10 mobs in camp and kill them, then go pull again, this makes my grind for xp way faster with enc cause I'm not constantly having to run out and get mobs. I looked at the time/effort it takes to constantly be pulling every 20 seconds as mobs die in 32 to 40seconds and its just way more stressful and time consuming with bard.

An example of what I am referring to. The mission No freedom in death has the mob called Higher Denizen which casts
Power of the High: PB AE 100', Magic (-675)
1: Decrease Hitpoints by 38000
2: Stun (2.00 sec)

That mission sucks. It's easy now... but was easy for 3 mage pets during actual progression, whereas with My tank I had to get him 90 with T4 gear before the TIER TWO mission was doable /boggle

You know you can root rot the Lower and Higher denizen right? I could kill these before T4 gear with lots of heals etc, but was easier to just Root rot.

I do agree though 3 air pets stunning mobs greatly reduces the impact these AE's have. Having a mage pet in groups in UF i always liked when just playing my sk, you do notice the difference. I still would opt for a real tank, 1 mission in 10 doesn't break the deal for me.

The downside to using Mercs / Mage pets is that you can't do old raid content.

Demi, Solteris, Frostcrypt, Ashengate, SoF, SoD...even UF (Badgers, if you have the right friends). Those are all out of reach if you don't have a real PC plate tank.