Bowhunting...

marius13dk

Premium Member
Reaction score
All this eq server downtime has made me go outside n stuff... I have now taken up bowhunting, makes sence, no??

Anyways, I got meself a Hoyt Rampage XT with all the bells and whistles. Now I got a great bow, i think, and I would love if any of you have linkz for hunting sites etc and would share them. Im starting from scratch with bow, but i have been hunting with shotgun and rifle before.

-Marius13dk, slightly frustrated...

Anyone else find it exceedingly ironic that he's looking for bow hunting tips and tricks (a rather primitive form of hunting) on the internet? ... and from a bunch of gamer geeks?

No offense to you, bro :) My mind just totally finds it humorous!

(Oh, and I grew up hunting and fishing, heh... never bow hunted, though).

Semi-related: I just bought a Ruger MKIII 22/45 Bull Barrel to mess around with. Should stave off the boredom for a while.

Sum1 said:
Anyone else find it exceedingly ironic that he's looking for bow hunting tips and tricks (a rather primitive form of hunting) on the internet? ... and from a bunch of gamer geeks?

No offense to you, bro My mind just totally finds it humorous!

(Oh, and I grew up hunting and fishing, heh... never bow hunted, though).

Im constantly surprised and impressed at the variety of hobbies people do who are computer geeks, we are a very ingenuitive lot of people :).

I never was into bowhunting... my brother was for a bit though, proved very expensive when actually hitting but failing to kill something. I personally saw it as a horrible form of torture to the animals. Not to say shooting them with a shot gun is a whole lot better, but at least there was less chance they would slowly die over the course of a few days.

Anywho... i dont have anything really usefull to add other then it was expensive :p

As far as primitive goes, I'd have to say that using a gun to hunt with is primitive as it doesn't give a sporting chance to your prey. Using a bow requires a lot more skill. Besides, you kill a bird with big enough feathers and you can make your own ammo for the bow. Can't do that with a gun lol

Lol, im not sure we had big enough birds for my brother to hunt to do that.

I'd be thoroughly impressed though :D

Ok, anyone here started using a spear? :p

To keep things fair, I just run my prey down and strangle them with my own hands. H2H skill ftw.

I just lol'd. I dont know why but i just pictured someone wrestling an emu, im not sure how fair it was... since in my mind the emu won. haha

Hmmm spear ye say....

Ive done spear fishing, does that count? :p

-Marius, slightly entertained, thanks guys :)