BOT stops functioning after either logging or switching characters

NewbeHaxer

Lifetimer
Reaction score
The BOT stops functioning after either I have logged out and back in, or switch player characters. The character in game does not react at all.

To get it to work again, I have to completely log out of the client and then log back in. This takes me some time since I am running a lot of boxes.

Things I have personally done to try to correct this, with the client running I have tried re-injecting MQ, reloading the BOT plugin in game, unloading and then reloading, with no success.

Has anyone experienced this, and found a work around that doesn't revolve a complete reboot of the client?

I had this the other day and thought maybe it was a fluke. try unloading mq2bot plugin and reloading it. I was still trying to replicate it today but couldn't

I noticed something like this too a few months ago. When I camped with bot on, then logged back in, they were not engaging mobs. I would /plugin mq2bot unload then /plugin mq2bot then /bot on and it seemed to fix it.

A few weeks later I noticed if I just left them ingame for an extra minute or two they seemed to fix themselves. I really was lost with what was happening so thought it might of been just me.

mq2bot has always left something in memory for me and i cant unload it properly. i have to shut down eq. others seemed to be able to do it. with the memory deal, when i reloaded bot it would not actually reload it because it thought it was already loaded. and when i type /plugin mq2bot unload, it would still show up on my memory process list.

That would make sense why I was seeing mq2bot was causing some of my crashes few weeks ago every time I camped out. I know htw was also looking to find out which plugin was not unloading properly causing the crashes.

I did see that mq2bot feature was added that if the camp command was issued it would notice it and turn it off. Not sure if that function works as well all the time but I ended up putting in the alias to my camp command to unload the plugin.