Best way/place to delevel

CapriiRecords

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I need to take a level 78 down to level 20 - anyone have good experience in this?

I was thinking of just binding in some city, training myself with mobs to bind spot, then dying and immediately going back to my bind spot. I'm really not looking forward to this, and can see it taking forever - any better ideas?

Just curious, why would you want to? But to offer suggestions, find a necro who needs essence emeralds. As long as you are in his level range for something he'd normally get xp from, he can get an EE. Once you're down to where the can't get anymore, collect the plat, then have yourself bound on a really high spot. Then let gravity do it for you. Just jump off and respawn above. Rinse and repeat.

Good suggestion on the falling deaths, tks much. I play on Zek and I geared up a pvp twink that I needed higher level to access some zones, now ready to take back down to 20.

Last time I wanted to delevel I picked Katta. Pretty sure anyone can bind there.

Bind right next to some bad guys. Ran an autorez script and left it rip.

Last time I wanted to delevel I picked Katta. Pretty sure anyone can bind there.

Bind right next to some bad guys. Ran an autorez script and left it rip.

Great idea, though I would include something like the following...

/if (${Me.Level}==20) /quit

So that you don't go too far.

In W Freeport there's an NPC hits like a truck and is KoS to just bout everyone. Can bind at his feet and just keep dying. He's located on the second floor of one of the buildings not far from the front gates. (You go in thru the gate and make the first left thru an arch and he's on the second floor of that building)

Used to use him on Beta to level up fast before the Loremaster was programmed to give levels. Take yourself down 30+ levels then ask Lorekeeper to restore you. Then use Expedient Recovery to get the exp from the corpses to get 5 levels instantly)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take all your gear off and bind between the 2 guards in qeynos if you are evil

In W Freeport there's an NPC hits like a truck and is KoS to just bout everyone. Can bind at his feet and just keep dying. He's located on the second floor of one of the buildings not far from the front gates. (You go in thru the gate and make the first left thru an arch and he's on the second floor of that building)

Used to use him on Beta to level up fast before the Loremaster was programmed to give levels. Take yourself down 30+ levels then ask Lorekeeper to restore you. Then use Expedient Recovery to get the exp from the corpses to get 5 levels instantly)

This. In the freeport inn, 2-3 guards on the 2nd floor hit for 80k. Bind next to them and aggro them over and over.

EDIT: Don't bind next to them if you are kos.

This. In the freeport inn, 2-3 guards on the 2nd floor hit for 80k. Bind next to them and aggro them over and over.

Good god, why so much?

You can bind next to them, so long as you have a /if (${Me.Level}=20) /quit as part of your macro. Then you can log back in later and click "Return Home" and bind somewhere else.

They don't see invis so even if you're KoS you can have someone bind you (from out of agro range if they're KoS themselves) at their feet and walk away. Just be running a macro that will camp you at lvl 21 or so or you'll be lvl 11 before you know it :)

Good suggestion on the falling deaths, tks much. I play on Zek and I geared up a pvp twink that I needed higher level to access some zones, now ready to take back down to 20.

Is there really enough "action" on Zek at level 20 to make this worthwhile? Just curious. Or am I missing something here?

This is true. LOL. JUst out of curiosity I went to find the above-mentioned NPC who's KOS to almost everyone but had no luck locating that fine gentlemen. But then out of more curiosity I attacked these guards. First swing "a Militia enforcer", DB to me, hit me for 73629 points, my invul proc went off and I scurried away until I could get enough distance to click the buff off and port out. Why this mob hits so hard, I'd like to know. Think about it: he hits harder than many raid bosses.

Last edited:
If I had to guess it either happened in the Freeport revamp around Prophecy, or it happened even earlier when they did the guard revamp. Some may not know but waaaay back when, killing guards was a way to get some slow but solid XP before Kunark came out. Lots of people complained so SOE made some guards stronger. Strong enough that you wouldn't want to attack them. This was done, ostensibly, so that there would be guards to run to if you were a newbie and running away from a fight. With Kunark and Velious opening, the problem really fixed itself, but as far as I know the change is still in the game.

If I had to guess it either happened in the Freeport revamp around Prophecy, or it happened even earlier when they did the guard revamp. Some may not know but waaaay back when, killing guards was a way to get some slow but solid XP before Kunark came out. Lots of people complained so SOE made some guards stronger. Strong enough that you wouldn't want to attack them. This was done, ostensibly, so that there would be guards to run to if you were a newbie and running away from a fight. With Kunark and Velious opening, the problem really fixed itself, but as far as I know the change is still in the game.

That's true about guards but in THIS case evidently these mobs spawn related to some rogue poison quest. Problem is they stay UP after the rogue finishes the quest. I guess they're insta-kill to rogues to encourage them to use their SoS ability.

Guards used to be GREAT xp in the "old days." Druids would quad dorf guards in Butcherblock Mountains and literally have to reserve the spawn spots.

I used to kill guards all the time back in the day. Was a blast pre-Kunark. My favorite thing, however, was when some arrogant punk wanted to duel my Enchanter with his Warrior. I charmed him, sent him after guards then ran like hell. The guards killed him and his corpse poofed cause he was a charmed pet lol.

Is there really enough "action" on Zek at level 20 to make this worthwhile? Just curious. Or am I missing something here?

I mean it is relative. There's a group of people on Zek that have PvP twinks at every 20 levels or so. Honestly it winds up being more about who creates the better twink versus who can kill who, but none of us really play high end so it is still fun.

For anyone in the future - I used "a militia enforcer" in Freeport and bound at him as suggested, and PumpThump knocked out an awesome macro for me, walked away from the comp for a few hours and came back level 20 with no issues. Had to kill Sir Lucan to get my faction down with the enforcer, but was all straight forward.

I used to kill guards all the time back in the day. Was a blast pre-Kunark. My favorite thing, however, was when some arrogant punk wanted to duel my Enchanter with his Warrior. I charmed him, sent him after guards then ran like hell. The guards killed him and his corpse poofed cause he was a charmed pet lol.

LMFAO that is absolutely evil. Did his gear poof too ???

Boy I've been around since 1999 and I never saw a charmed player's corpse poof. This must have been a very early "bug" that they fixed many moons ago.