Best DPS Class

Raid geared rogues have always been in the top, especially when they have the back of a mob. They also have a much higher survivability rate then berserkers in the raid scene for the most part. Adding in poisons helped rogues even more. Non-raid geared, meh...I would go with Wizard or Monk though.

This.

When you see the posts from people saying rogues are tops, read what they say. In almost all cases, you'll see a reference to raid gear (which disqualifies the assertion due to the conditions in the first post).

In group gear, I'd go with a caster simply because they have it easier. All they need really is AA and you don't need 35 other people to get those for you.

As far as raiding goes, my ranger is always in the top 5 on burn parses. In there with me are wiz/monk/rog/zerk. Not sure how great a fully group geared ranger would run dps wise but awsome raid dps if know how to play one good.

Unfortunatly, the diffrences in focuses for Casters between group/raid isnt a huge killer, its the AA's and play style.

The diffrence between group and raid weapons, is immense, plus melee's rely heavily on other gear too. Making casters, for group situations, the better bot, easier to get to the required standard than hours of camping for the rare dagger !

Although, imo Wizzy pwn group and raid! Unless your an Iksar monk, then you win by default because you just look sexah

Unfortunatly, the diffrences in focuses for Casters between group/raid isnt a huge killer, its the AA's and play style.

The diffrence between group and raid weapons, is immense, plus melee's rely heavily on other gear too. Making casters, for group situations, the better bot, easier to get to the required standard than hours of camping for the rare dagger !

Although, imo Wizzy pwn group and raid! Unless your an Iksar monk, then you win by default because you just look sexah

yea, would probably say group dps probably dominated by wiz..just need focus and some AA.

the sadness of not being a melee raider....

grp gear weapons are according to all just far inferior to raid weapons

If you are a melee and dps class and can only get grp weapons then Im hearing that you are doing about half of the raid weaponed toons

casters on the other hand dont have it as bad, the disparity between rk2 and rk 3 isnt as wide a margin.

without using disc's, tier 5 sod and group weapons, my ranger was putting out aroud 2kdps on average.

Wizards would routinely beat that, but... every once in a while run oom and must med.

Necro's can hold their own with tier 5 gear against a wizzy, and rarely go oom.

Rogues, without using disc fall just shy of a ranger (if the ranger is using a couple spells)

just a side note, My ranger (max AA's) vs a Rogue (Max AA's) going all out in a raid situation (using tier 5 group gear) are almost identical, in parsing. Comes down to who got more crits during the fight.

I would say to use a Wiz or NEcro for the best dps, in a group situation, but a ranger or rogue macro written well could be on par with a caster in a group situation, based on the fights being fast, and plenty. When the casters med the ranger will still sustain it's dps. But you can't argue the fact that a Wizard can beat any class in burst DPS, sustainable dps goes to Melee (and Necro's if they know what they are doing.)

hehe, agree again and something I thought about when I botted my wizzy and rogue. Wizards are less obvious on macros! My rogue and bf's zerker ran the same path and attacked at the same time, very obvious!

i have A sod geared zerk all group he does around 1900 dps w/o discs with 950aas and my wiz only has 300aas all sod group geared and does 3k with ease no discs

wizards are great wish i had made mine sooner lol

tough call it's really about "which group gear". Its all about focuses and what you consider to be in the scope of group gear. Put simply Berserkers Monks Wizards are usually the top three parses mainly because I think alot of rogues dont have a clue.

Pulling some parse logs here on the most recent Arch Magus burn in tower. (keep in mind this is right after another boss and most slack here.)

Wizzy Top 19675 dps
Monk Top 11919 dps
Rogue Top 12983 dps
Berserker Top 11202 dps
Ranger Top 9163 dps

Total Fight time 42 Seconds

I realize it's raid focused but hey once you raid, you pretty much stay in your niche.

my group setup is:

Rogue
Rogue
Zerker
Bard
Cleric
BST

most tier 5 named don't last long and that group puts out a constant 13k dps without disc.

Gotta ask, which char does the tanking? Even at 13k dps, those a-hole kyv's in OBF/CoD live long enough to maybe get lucky rounds in that can kill a group-geared player pretty fast..

Gotta ask, which char does the tanking? Even at 13k dps, those a-hole kyv's in OBF/CoD live long enough to maybe get lucky rounds in that can kill a group-geared player pretty fast..

My rogue does the tanking 34k hp 4300 ac

Ah, so that'd be your raid main? Sweet. I think soley group geared players would probably benefit by dropping a rogue in your combo and going for a war. I'm a big fan of warrior now, defensive makes the toughest groupable mobs doable pretty easily with decent gear...

What am I missing?

I have a question about DPS and weapons on my 85 Monk...

2400AA, T5 group gear, Dire Cesti + Xangef's -- solo DPS hovers around 1500 using autoattack + CS + Stunning Kick + Flying Kick. Discing I will hit 2500-3000 solo.

Is this where it should be?

Also, looking at a raid weapon and group weapon of the same stats and effects, is there some innate chance for the raid weapon to hit more often or hit for maximum damage? I am pretty frustrated as I have tried various combinations of discs, weapons, etc and just get the sense that I should be putting out more DPS.

I have a question about DPS and weapons on my 85 Monk...

2400AA, T5 group gear, Dire Cesti + Xangef's -- solo DPS hovers around 1500 using autoattack + CS + Stunning Kick + Flying Kick. Discing I will hit 2500-3000 solo.

Is this where it should be?

Also, looking at a raid weapon and group weapon of the same stats and effects, is there some innate chance for the raid weapon to hit more often or hit for maximum damage? I am pretty frustrated as I have tried various combinations of discs, weapons, etc and just get the sense that I should be putting out more DPS.

crap weapons = crap dps, you are in the right dps range

What wizard mac would you recommend?

petesampras had a good wiz mac on this site search for it you should find it