Beginner Questions

Fr4nK!e

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

Got a couple of quick questions. I am trying to create a social on my main char, that will cause the rest of the group to follow "Stick" to me. I followed the instructions that someone gave a week or so back to another person who had the question.

I have confirmed I have EQ move utilities running, EQBC running, and I have /bot running on the other chars.

I am attaching a Screen shot that shows the entry on the social and the plugin manager showing the plugin running.

What am I doing wrong? I must be missing a step. Nothing happens when I use the social, or when I issue the command directly.

Other questions.

Do I need to re-issue the commands to each char each time I start bot?

Like - /bot assistat=98 or /bot manaat=80 etc.

Or once i have used that command it is stored for that char until i change it. I have been retyping them each time I start the bot. Right now its only a couple for each char so it goes quick, but if its not needed I would rather not do it.

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• EQSS.jpg
    EQSS.jpg
    363.7 KB · Views: 34
Hey All,

Got a couple of quick questions. I am trying to create a social on my main char, that will cause the rest of the group to follow "Stick" to me. I followed the instructions that someone gave a week or so back to another person who had the question.

I have confirmed I have EQ move utilities running, EQBC running, and I have /bot running on the other chars.

I am attaching a Screen shot that shows the entry on the social and the plugin manager showing the plugin running.

What am I doing wrong? I must be missing a step. Nothing happens when I use the social, or when I issue the command directly.

Other questions.

Do I need to re-issue the commands to each char each time I start bot?

Like - /bot assistat=98 or /bot manaat=80 etc.

Or once i have used that command it is stored for that char until i change it. I have been retyping them each time I start the bot. Right now its only a couple for each char so it goes quick, but if its not needed I would rather not do it.

Thanks for the help!

If using eqbc just make hotkey with following lines
/Bca //target name of character you want them to follow
/Bca //follow

Last edited:
I find it better to do it in 1 line

Fme <-- Social Name
/bca //stick id ${Me.ID} 10 uw

10 distance, use underwater movement which helps for levitate and if you are in water etc...

I also have a stick stop social which is 2 lines as sometimes I use /afollow instead of /stick

Fstp <-- Social Name
/bcaa //afollow off
/bcaa //stick off

Fme <-- Social Name

Thats the command I use, but it doesn't work for me. Nothing happens. I just noticed you have the M in Me capitalized. Does that matter? I do not. I will try and see.

I just don't know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

Your EQBC is working correct?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Fme <-- Social Name

Thats the command I use, but it doesn't work for me. Nothing happens. I just noticed you have the M in Me capitalized. Does that matter? I do not. I will try and see.

I just don't know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

Capitalization does matter

LamahHerder
I have EQBC loaded, I will try unloading and reloading.

Skidmachine
Yeah, I tried the capitalization and it didnt make any difference.

I am at a loss. I posted a SS showing the syntax and the plugin loaded. I know I must be doing something wrong. Going to go log in now and try reloading the plugins.

Thanks!

OK, I got it. I must be getting too old, forgot the old adage "Reading is Fundamental".

Although i had the plugin EQBC loaded, I didn't have the server started. I just read up on the plugin page how to, and have successfully started and made the chars follow me.

Thanks all!!!