bccmd

Bukmuk

Reaction score
Ok so I am trying to make the Come to Me command and I am having issues with it maybe I could get some help with it? So I load mq2eqbc from the mmoloader then I type in /bccmd connect then it says connecting to xxx.x.x.x xxxx then says could not connect. I am unfamiliar with this stuff just trying to make things better in the game for me. So if I left out anything please ask or give suggestions.

You need to start the EQBCS chat server. This is done outside of EQ.

There may be a button on/near the launcher that says something like "start EQBC server".

You should see a black terminal window open up which will say :
EQBCS ( EQ Box Chat Server )
Waiting for connections on port: 2112...

Now when you get in game type:
/bccmd connect 127.0.0.1

Every machine on a network has a "network address". "127.0.0.1" is a special address that always refers to the local machine.
If you are trying to run with multiple machines then you need to find the actual name or network address and use that instead.

I think I did try that open it up and that will say connecting then it said can not connect. I will follow your instructions and will try it again tomorrow it is late right now but thank you for the information

you need to have the eqbcs client running as well its a separate window

run as administrator: EQBCS-classic or EQBCS-xeniaz

they are both in your MQ folder

Thank you Dealings. I am not computer savy so it may take me a bit to figure this all out. I am running 4 toons on three monitors and it is getting tire some to keep switching from monitor to monitor. Trying to make playing the game a bit easier

3 monitors= 3 pcs?

load eqbcs on each pc

on the main pc OUTSIDE OF EQ NOT EQ RELATED

go to a command prompt to figure and type ipconfig

that info is what the other 2 pcs that are gonna connect are gonna use

example pc 1: /bccmd connect

pc 2 and 3: bccmd connect THE IP of the 1st PC

read the wiki again when u read it a few times read them again

then when u have questions go back and read them again

guess what the last thing u you should do..... (hint ends in again)

the teee heeee heeee "I am not computer savy" only gets u so far then people will say well this is not for you then

Ok I did it step by step and still said cannot connect

Attachments

• call.JPG
    call.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 19
Ok I did it step by step and still said cannot connect

This has been already mostly said in the thread but it could be a few things from off my head.

- EQBCS-Classic.exe is not loaded in it's own window. You should see a black window with "EQBCS (EQ Box Chat Server) 1.2.4)
Waiting for connections on port: 2112...". If you have this window open, your good on this part.

Make sure it's ran as an administrator. (Right Click Icon -> Run as Administrator)

- Anti-Virus might be blocking connection, try disabling it.

- Try "/bccmd connect localhost" - I have seen systems setup that localhost was set differently.

If that all fails. Open up command prompt (Start->Run->cmd)

Type "ipconfig"

Find your local IP address (IPv4 Address), and use that in the connect string. IE "/bccmd connect 192.168.1.5"

If your still having issues, check out the wiki. I did a video on it a loonnnng time ago which should be still relevant - MQ2EQBC - MMOBugs Wiki

my guess you didnt do some or any of the following

RUN the eqbcs client (are you 1000000000000% clear what that is?)
/plugin mq2eqbcs
/bccmd connect (thats all you need to do since its one pc no need to worry about ip address)

Ok got it to work now all I need to do now is find that video and watch how things are set up to save it so I dont have do it all over again and other things. Thank you Fry and Dealings for the help on this

Last edited: