Bard song line up

cwd56

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Looking for some experienced bards advice. I'm starting to play my bard more and more and really enjoying him. I was just curious what you guys use as your song line up in a melee heavy group, caster heavy, and then raid. Thanks guys.

Cwd56

Yes, level 90 complete, sorry bout that.

Aria of the composer
War March
Arcane Chorus
Noira's

I personally use

Aura of the Composer

Song of Suffering
Arcane Chorus
War March
Pulse of Renewal/Chorus

That is with a heavy melee group tho.

I personally use

Aura of the Composer

Song of Suffering
Arcane Chorus
War March
Pulse of Renewal/Chorus

That is with a heavy melee group tho.

Pretty much what I use, except I replace Pulse/Chorus with one of the Chant songs (dot/resist debuff) for the types of nukes/dots my ranger/shaman are using.

Be aware, though, that the actual song version of composer has a higher triple attack and flurry mod than the aura does. This means playing the song on raids or i melee heavy groups is actually much more beneficial than just running with the aura and thinking you're good.

Be aware, though, that the actual song version of composer has a higher triple attack and flurry mod than the aura does. This means playing the song on raids or i melee heavy groups is actually much more beneficial than just running with the aura and thinking you're good.

Very true, I only use my bard in group situations tho and its for hours of farming. So the 100 or so mana it takes to cast eventually runs the bard out of mana.

Aria of the composer
War March
Arcane Chorus
Noira's

+1

This is the lineup I use, along with the Aura of Renewal Rk. II

As long as he is twisting 4 songs, Aria never runs him out of mana.

I have been using Chorus of Renewal, Lyrin's Spiteful lyric, Aria of the composer, and arcane chorus, the procs are sweet and my dps for my entire group is WAY up with the added procs.

(Twincast and nuke aa's are all maxed for my group)

Noira's is better than lyrins if you're melee-heavy and don't need or want the hate. I actually use Lyrin's in my box group for my bard and tank, and buff block it on my melee dps toons so they don't fuckin UBER agro.

Of note, Lyrin's and Noira's dont stack, so you either need to use one or the other, or use buff blocking to ensure the right toons get the right buffs.

Be aware, though, that the actual song version of composer has a higher triple attack and flurry mod than the aura does

aura says something like 22 percent to triple and 17 to flurry
song just says Flurry Chance (23)

what is the triple for song (btw do those numbers get affected by song focus)?

Last edited:
Be aware, though, that the actual song version of composer has a higher triple attack and flurry mod than the aura does

aura says something like 22 percent to triple and 17 to flurry
song just says Flurry Chance (23)

what is the triple for song (btw do those numbers get affected by song focus)?

31% for Triple Attack
23 for Flurry on the song version.

The debate of aura vs. aria really comes down to how you play the game (group/raid, melee/casters, etc). I use aura (and the songs i listed earlier) for my group of Warrior, Ranger, Monk, Bard, Shaman, Cleric.

I do it this way for two reasons. First, on avg, mobs die in approximately 25 seconds (HoT T4) and I don't think the extra triple attack/flurry boost from aria vs dot/resist debuff song is gonna make them die much faster.

Second, I've found its more efficient for me to pull 2-4 mobs at a time and use the bard for CC, twisting in what songs he can between mezzes. I spend more time killing and less time pulling.

The debate of aura vs. aria really comes down to how you play the game (group/raid, melee/casters, etc). I use aura (and the songs i listed earlier) for my group of Warrior, Ranger, Monk, Bard, Shaman, Cleric.

I do it this way for two reasons. First, on avg, mobs die in approximately 25 seconds (HoT T4) and I don't think the extra triple attack/flurry boost from aria vs dot/resist debuff song is gonna make them die much faster.

Second, I've found its more efficient for me to pull 2-4 mobs at a time and use the bard for CC, twisting in what songs he can between mezzes. I spend more time killing and less time pulling.

I concur