Bard power leveling question

deathstryker

Reaction score
Last night, I was power leveling my bard from level 61 to 65 in BoT last evening with my beastlord. I noticed when I kept my AA exp bar at 90% AA and 10% regular xp the AA bar wouldn't update at all and the xp bar on normal xp was the only getting xp. So I finally got tired of it and turned it to 100% regular xp for normal leveling. I was unable to get any AA xp at all at all while I was grouped with with my beastlord. I was also running the AAxp mac that would display the amount of xp I was getting per kill. Does anyone know if this is just a bug in BoT (Bastion of Thunder) or was it my bard being bugged. I tried zoning in and out several times but this didn't fix it either. Has anyone heard of this before? Beastlord is level 85, bard when I started the xp grind was level 61 and is now 65.

sounds like you were grouped with the bard and the mobs con grey to the beastlord, you have to either be out of group and ds pl,(grab aggro with beastlord, then hit each mob with bard<its a level 2 song, chords of dissordnance its pbae> then ds the beastlord and let mobs die without actually hitting any mobs with beastlord) or you need to have the mobs con more than grey to the beastlord if your gonna be in group

Last edited:
I can't imagine a level 85 can get XP in BoT so if the two toons were grouped, I can't see how the 60ish toon was getting ANY experience.

Regular XP would work fine, Siegetank. XP for each mob would get split into a number of shares equal to the total of levels in the group that killed it. The lower level would get 65/150 shares and the BL would get 85/150 shares but since they are grey his shares would just zero out. The good part is that the 85 can kill so much more quickly and efficiently that the lower share of XP is fine for the lower level plee because of the increased kill rate.

For AA the mobs do have to be within an xp giving range for the highest member of the group.

Are there any suggestions then on getting my bard at least 500 to 1k aa's for about a weeks worth of play time = about 2 to 3 hours a day for maybe a max time of 20 spread out over a week's time frame.

I am trying to figure out the best way to get my bards dps up and also the best way to get fastest amount of aa's possible for the short time frame I can spend per day. I'd like to see 50 to 100 aa's a night if this is possible.

Right now the toons that I can use to aid my bard are a level 85 beastlord and an 81 shaman. I think the beastlord would give the best option as it can dps like crazy and pull a great deal.

Thats why I was in Bastion of Thunder in my previous example. In 3 hours time frame I was able to grind from level 61 to 65, pulling constantly with my beastlord and killing 8 to 10 giants in one single pull.

Any ideas or suggestions on zones including hot zones and where to pull from would be awesome thanks.

Kill things that are at least light blue to your BL. Weak mobs work too. Anything you can kill that you can keep up constantly. That will get you AAs over time.

Bards UP

You might want to double check that you aren't sharing with camp groups, as that takes away xp/aa exp from both yr toons

Buffalou