Uno mas Tiempo

Transor

Reaction score
Bringing back my old grp to the game on Luclin (Warrior, Beastlord, Necro, and Cleric) , all characters when I left were lvl 105 with approx 30kaa. Since I am going to need to buy 4 new expansions. Where would be the best place grind up the levels.. I know when I was grinding a long time a go the most efficient place was doing the Heroic adventures. Does the same apply? All and any recommendations are greatly appreciated

Reactions: EQDAB
grind according to expansion (if mobs are lb.. move on)
105-110 fm eok
110-?gmm
there will be an expansion soon so if u just want to xp up to ros expansion and wait there
there isnt a magic mission u can auto like dead Hills HA, thought Gnome Magic Mountain missions comes close

Reactions: EQDAB
I would argue that FM is most people's goto and therefore both usually more populated than one would want and more visible. I've always done zones like Kor Sha lab / Droga because most people tend to avoid those zones based on the spin stun. At 30k AA's a full group should be good to grind in a zone like Droga around the war master camp and basically have near to no downtime. At 110 I was doing about 90 - 100 kills an hour. Which is a fair amount of EXP.

Heroic adventures were nerfed pretty good in the past and aren't really a viable option per-say. Though lots of people tend to go the fast respawn in Dead hills route, but that's a known afk botters hideout on every server I've been on.

For the expansions - They have started the ToV discounted expansion. It's not the usual 50% this year though, so depending on how big a hurry you are, or if you want the guild clickables on if I'd jump the gun on that one. https://www.everquest.com/expansion-content with standard being about $26

Glad to have you back.

Reactions: Quatarian and EQDAB
Resetting up has been tough- getting a message on my main whom is my puller Beastlord -"no mesh file loaded" - kinda feel like a Clint Eastwood movie Outlaw Josie Wells- Dying is easy , Living is hard. All other members work fine. However, for whatever reason beastlord quits assisting once mob makes it back to group. Also, still trying to figuring auto pulling. When I had left game before , always use a Devastor file (cannot remember how to initialize that either),
Would appreciate guidance.

The mesh file, you can create the ones you need (via meshgenerator.exe in your MQ2 dir), or download them. They go in MQ2Nav dir in your MQ2 dir, e.g. if MQ2 is in C:\MacroQuest, then they go in C:\MacroQuest\MQ2Nav folder. Those are needed for MQ2Nav plugin. If a toon is not assisting, I would double-check your [MQ2Bot] settings around that in your INI file, and/or make sure you have the group roles set correctly (MT/MA and puller) and that you have XT1 set for each (including the bst) to the group assist target.

htw

Reactions: Quatarian
What is weird - maybe its old age and after brain dumpage upon my last leaving eq. I never knew what a mesh file was until the other day. Granted I use a custom mac that I had bought from Devastator about 9 years ago. It worked great. Pulling etc etc with my little grp. I am somewhat overwhelmed due to the about of files and copies of files etc etc. I am thinking I should dump/delete all files and folder concerning EQ, and start fresh. My characters will be perserved. At least I will have everything in one location. My fear now is that the macros etc etc are in a secondary file and system between the computer and chair doesn't know which to go to. Does anyone see a downside to this strategy?

Pulling is best with MQ2Nav. I believe you can use MQ2AdvPath but I would recommend against it.