Back after 2 years!

Rooster95

Premium Member
Reaction score
I've come back to EQ after a two year retirement, and of course i came straight here for the latest compile. Needless to say, i'm a bit behind in the game, and i'm looking for some advice on where to start? I still need to get the last couple of expansions, but looking at a few magelos has shown me just how far out of date my gear is. Any advice on where to play? What content to try to raid? Any certain quests i should look into? Must-have items?

If it helps any, my characters are a shadowknight, a beastlord, a rogue and a cleric, all level 80 with their 2.0's (except the rogue. Still the 1.5 on him) and their gear is mostly anguish stuff.

On a side note, it's great to be back. Over the last couple of days, i've been running around, re-exploring, and killing some old worl mobs that used to kick my ass back in the day (Sontalak, Goreenaire, Phinny, etc.) and really having a good time. I've also been getting kinda up to date again on the forums here, so i also wanted to ask if there have been any big changes with MQ2? Anything new i should watch out for? Mostly i'm a warp / gate / map user, and i've never been one of the stupid users who isn't careful, so unless there's a new way to detect it, then i think i'm ok.

SoD FoS mobs should be doable to get essences, also check out SoD progression , its good XP and will enable you access to higher tiers of mercenaries (Especially now we have DPS mercs!)

Raspers is the best SoD guide out there (in my opinion)

http://home.comcast.net/~mathadon/Guides/SoD/index.html

XP Wise, The OMM missions are going to help you out (yes i know people hate these but no denying the easy xp!) and can gear you up with 600 hp/mana items, also if you get Underfoot there are the boomerang missions to help you gear up. You really dont want to start looking into grouping in UF until you have some higher end gear (I'd say SoD T5 +) but always worth keeping an eye out in general for rotting loots

Writing this in a hurry, but hope this gives you an idea (ive returned myself not that long ago also)

It's a start. I need to do some research on the things you mentioned and then see if i can luck into a few groups to do it.