auto logging to character select

boocher13

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I tried doing some afk macro pulling and I find when I'm afk when I return if the screen saver is up all my toons have been booted to character select.Is this a function of mq or do I need to set my computer to never sleep and disable my screen saver ?

I tried doing some afk macro pulling and I find when I'm afk when I return if the screen saver is up all my toons have been booted to character select.Is this a function of mq or do I need to set my computer to never sleep and disable my screen saver ?

You should probably turn off your computer's Sleep/Hibernate capability, maybe even the screen saver to be safe. When your computer sleeps it may turn off your NIC causing your eq client to lose connection.

Vista is notorious for doing that even after you remove its ability for it to go into sleep or hibernate. Usually is the screensaver, but I ended up disabling anything that had to with power saving and it pretty much stopped. Also don't let it log you off and return to the welcome screen where you click for your user account. That can cause the same thing the longer it is that way.