ATTN mid-atlantic MMOBugs members

kirbanmanaburn

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Myself and a couple other people are going to see the screening of Second Skin that's taking place in Washington, DC on 10/20. The filmmakers will be there to present the film and the audience will likely get a chance to ask some questions.

The movie's a pretty good documentary that takes a broad survey of a lot of the different phenomena related to the emergence of MMO gaming as a part of mainstream culture. It also follows a few players over the course of a year, whose relationships with the game range from positive to neurotic.

Anyway, if anyone's interested in coming to the screening, let me know in this thread or by PM. We'll probably go get dinner beforehand. Anyone coming from out of town who doesn't want to go back the same night can probably crash with me, just let me know ahead of time.

I have no idea if this will sell out, but tickets are available online, so just let me know if you want to come and I'll give you the link to the theater's website.

Bump. I have an extra ticket 'cause my lady decided she doesn't want to see a 'nerd movie.' PM if you want it.

Sounds interesting! I wish it was this weekend as I'll actually be in DC. I live in FL though, so a bit too far for me to travel for a movie.

Will it be released elsewhere?

I'm fairly sure it's available on DVD. Other than that they do occasional screenings at indie-ish theatres around the country, so you can check their website for those.