Ashengate Progression

Sinfear

Reaction score
Have a couple questions on Ashengate raid progreshion. I am getting a some mixed information. Not alot of guilds in Ashengate and only one in North.

Its my understanding to raid East Ashengate and West Ashengate all you need is ally faction to each side and a Vergalid character flag?

My real question is...

What is needed for Ashengate North? I know you need ally faction to both sides and of course the 2 kills in east and west but is there any group missions that are needed for Ashengate North access? If there are group missions that are needed, what ones? Also what leads up to these missions? Meaning are there raid target you must take our to get access to these missions? Or is there a mission arc you must finish to gain access to these missions?

Thanks in advance.

Its my understanding to raid East Ashengate and West Ashengate all you need is ally faction to each side and a Vergalid character flag?

To raid East or west you dont need anything (assuming your guild has Killed Vergalid). Killing either Slothgar or Stich will give you vergalid flag and actually flag you apon ally faction. Killing both Stitch and Slothgar allow you to zone into AG North. You are flagged for North once you have Ally faction.

This is all that you need for North flag unless your guild has not broken into North yet. Then atleast 1 person in your guild has to go though the progression arc's. Which is basicly being able to get and kill Vergalid + do Zhurbis + Jenray Arcs.

To raid East or west you dont need anything (assuming your guild has Killed Vergalid).

As in you dont even need ally faction on that side to attend the raid and not be considered a 85?

As in you dont even need ally faction on that side to attend the raid and not be considered a 85?

All you mentioned was just raid, in your first post.

To raid East and West fully flagged yes you need Vergalid + Nurtha kills (each one opens up east or west not sure of which), and likely faction. Not sure exactly how much faction though on this. Should be ally by the time you can get the raids anyway though.

If your guild has not raided any AG - you need Ally faction with Zhub Griffon Tamer and Jenray, as well as Severing the Strings and Pretender. Severing the Strings and Pretender are completed in Vergalid, by killing Nurtha, Goru*sp, and Vergalid.

If your guild has already raided AG, Sothgar and Stitch drop Vergalid kill backflags, -however- before you click the dropped backflag to key yourself, your character does need Ally faction with Zhubis and Jenray, or the character flag drop will not stick.

Either way you go, you need Ally faction with Zhubis and Jenray.

For AshenGate North, you need Ally faction and Stitch and Sothgar kills.

as well as Severing the Strings and Pretender

Does everyone need this? Or does only one person need this so they can request the mission?

Hrm the way a friend described it to me, was that from the kills in AG (raid) you gained faction, so that you do not need to do all the tedious tasks.

You just need Ally with Wraithguard Leadership for Frostcrypt, and Ally w/ both npcs for Ashengate.

And then Vergalids backflag drops from AG raids.

Anything Im missing?

I'm just going off what our guild required for progression - I know if your guild isn't able to kill Sothgar or Stitch, the guild as a whole must have ally/ally faction and kill Vergalid. I think you also need to kill Nurtha and Goru, which are the Severing the Strings and the Pretender tasks I believe.

If your guild is already in Ashengate and can kill Sothgar and Stitch - then you just need ally/ally with Jenray and Zhubius. Make sure you have ally faction with both of them before you click the backflag drop to flag your character, otherwise it wont stick. I've also heard that since Ashengate now gives the proper faction, 2 Stitch and 2 Sothgar kills can make you ally/ally to the two needed factions, but I haven't checked that.

As far as I know, you need Ally Wraithguard Leadership, and Ally Wraithguard - but I'm not positive.

To be considered fully flagged for AG West you need:
Ally to Scholars of Solusek faction and Vergalid kill flag

To be able to request AG West raids:
You need the above faction/flag
And you need to have completed Severing the Strings (from Jenray in Direwind)

To be considered fully flagged for AG East you need:
Ally to Infiltrators and Traitors of Ashengate faction and Vergalid kill flag

The be able to request AG East raids:
You need the above faction/flag
And you need to have completed The Pretender (from Zhubis in Direwind)

Then to be considered full flagged for AG North you need:
Sothgar kill flag from AG West and Stitch kill flag from AG East

To request AG North raids:
Ghosts of the Past (from Jenray)
A Complex Diversion (from Zhubis)

You can check your factions by conning:
Jenray -> Scholars of Solusek
Zhubis -> Infilltrators and Traitors of Ashengate

By the way, Wraithguard and Wraithguard Leadership faction are for Frostcrypt progression not Ashengate.

Here's some info for slackers like myself.

Went from indifferent to 'Infiltrators and Traitors' to ally with one Stitch kill last night.

assuming it'll be the same with Sothgar and 'Scholars'

Didnt you need to be ally to east to be able to be involved in the stitch raid in the first place? or did you just need Vergalid kill character flag?

You can theoretically raid any of the Ashengate wings w/o anything by taking the guild banner into the zone, it counts for the 85/15 and bannering in is the only way I believe. But once you get the kills you'll be ally.

Ok well two people in my guild (or more) have ..

Sothgar kill flag from AG West and Stitch kill flag from AG East

Ghosts of the Past
A Complex Diversion

We are still unable to instance north... Jenray will open the way and we port over but Master whaterverhisnameis will not give us the task.

These are the same two people that instance east and west for us too.

Any ideas?

The Path Begins with a Single Step - from Zhubis

Yeah its a simple thing you need to complete in order to be able to talk with north AG instance giver.

great im sure thats the issue.

any idea what to /say to request the task? I dont even see it listed on alah maybe im blind.

Raid Participation

In order to participate in the Ashengate East and West raids, you must:

* Have ally faction with Scholars of Solusek AND Infiltrators and Traitors of Ashengate.

* Have received a character flag upon Vergalid's death in the "Vergalid's End" raid.

*** There is no bypass for faction, but you may be 85'd into the zone and gain faction hits from the raid encounters here.

*** Bypass for the Vergalid kill is a "Mark of Vergalid", which drops from all events in both Ashengate East and Ashengate West raids.

In order to participate in the Ashengate North raid, you must:

* Have killed Sothgar the Twiceborn in the Ashengate West instance.

* Have killed Stitch in the Ashengate East instance.

*** Bypass for those two kills is a "Mark of Ashengate", which drops from all events in Ashengate North.

Requesting Raids

In order to request the Ashengate East and Ashengate West raids, you must:

* Have completed flagging outlined above.

* Have completed Captain Zheren's first four tasks: Scouting Sunderock, Dyn`leth's Artillery, The Ashengate Orders, and Dyn`Leth's Mine.

* Have completed the 24-player raid task Vergalid Mines: Into the Leviathan's Lair.

* Have completed the task Severing the Strings in conjunction with the 54-player raid task Vergalid's End.

* Have completed the task The Pretender in conjunction with the 54-player raid task Vergalid's End.

In order to request the Ashengate North raid, you must:

* Have completed all of the above flagging process.

* Have completed the task A Complex Diversion in conjunction with the Ashengate: East raid instance.

* Have completed the task Ghosts of the Past in conjunction with the Ashengate: West raid instance.

Raid Participation

In order to participate in the Ashengate East and West raids, you must:

* Have ally faction with Scholars of Solusek AND Infiltrators and Traitors of Ashengate.

* Have received a character flag upon Vergalid's death in the "Vergalid's End" raid.

*** There is no bypass for faction, but you may be 85'd into the zone and gain faction hits from the raid encounters here.

*** Bypass for the Vergalid kill is a "Mark of Vergalid", which drops from all events in both Ashengate East and Ashengate West raids.

In order to participate in the Ashengate North raid, you must:

* Have killed Sothgar the Twiceborn in the Ashengate West instance.

* Have killed Stitch in the Ashengate East instance.

*** Bypass for those two kills is a "Mark of Ashengate", which drops from all events in Ashengate North.

Requesting Raids

In order to request the Ashengate East and Ashengate West raids, you must:

* Have completed flagging outlined above.

* Have completed Captain Zheren's first four tasks: Scouting Sunderock, Dyn`leth's Artillery, The Ashengate Orders, and Dyn`Leth's Mine.

* Have completed the 24-player raid task Vergalid Mines: Into the Leviathan's Lair.

* Have completed the task Severing the Strings in conjunction with the 54-player raid task Vergalid's End.

* Have completed the task The Pretender in conjunction with the 54-player raid task Vergalid's End.

* Have completed the task A Complex Diversion in conjunction with the Ashengate: East raid instance.

* Have completed the task Ghosts of the Past in conjunction with the Ashengate: West raid instance.

He just said he was trying to request NORTH and honestly seeing as I was in the same situation as him what you have copied and pasted really does not answer his question.

I had this problem I went and hailed griffon tamer and saw someunderlined text from there I was able to finish the last thing I needed to request a north raid.

Read the whole thing next time.