Anyone make lvl 50 yet and use....?

mooseq

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I'm about to ding to lvl 50 on a druid (I gave up on trying to solo a melee character two weeks ago and got a druid up to 49 in two weeks). I've only used MQ for the map, speed, docrack and HUD. I'm wondering if they're passive on checking logs until you reach level 50 and then they do a scan or look through all of your logs for macroquest.

Side note, I used warp on two other accounts a few times for a week three weeks ago....I was thinking that was going to be an instant ban but those accounts are still intact. Granted, I only made it to the low 20's.

Anyone else besides Spunge get banned yet?

I'm not an industrial hacker/farmer/player.....everything that I do is for my own enjoyment, which means I keep to my self and do anything if they're others in the zone, like running to a named or advertise finding things.

Moose

speed is bad, I wouldnt many docracks either.

I was thinking of leveling a druid....give me some tips :)

I have a G-15 (the old one) key board that I used for semi-afk play. I made some easy spell and traget macro's.

Get a clarity when ever you can, exp in either a dungeon for the bonus or exp in a high traffic / teleport zone that way you can get buffs easier.

Map + whisps = easy easy way to get a few hundred pp an hour.

Druid charm last longer than normal...I think. I used it a lot to level.

Send me a PM with your character name. I will be on all day sunday and can spot you som buffs and get you through a few low levels.

Moose

Killing Kaladim Citizens and guards in Butcherblock is a great way to level as a druid in classic. Kill the 2 corrupt guards at first. They're the 2 lower levelguards by the broken down tower SE of the docks (with the high elf merchant inside.) Good xp, great loot. Then as you level up add some Kaladim Citizens. Finally start on guards. Once you get your aoe nuke you can even quad guards from 46-50. It's challenging because in old world gear your mana will barely be adequate, you might need to med for the last couple of casts.

If you can beg, borrow or steal a manastone, that helps a lot. Or duo with another druid or wiz who doesn't mind hurting Kaladim guard faction. I fixed that by buying shitloads of CB belts and pads in GFay and turning them in. Just be sure to start working on improving faction before you drop below dubious or you won't be able to do the turn-ins.

They fixed charm spells. At first they NEVER broke early. Enchanters could charm a high level mob in Guk or SolB and rape the whole place. In the first few months of the 1999 server all level 50 chanters were filthy rich. LOL

Last edited:
The old fashion way, grouped when I could and solo when I couldn't find a group. Got a clarity every chance I could get. I just know old school EQ. Dungeons give a bonus, IE: Runnyeye gives x2 bonus I think, and did my thing. Key board helped if I was in a static spawn area and I had to run to the store, work on my car or cook.

Moose

Got 50 on mage and cleric and got banned.

used:

docrack noencumber
docrack EB
map
very rare long distance targetting
i used to use /fade waaaay back in the day.

Never warped, used speed or anything like that.

There are a bunch of stuff that will flag you as a hacker. Warp/Fade/Gate, targeting something that is flagged as untargetable, even targeting from a distance:

MakeAnyLenString(&hacker_str, "%s attempting to target something beyond the clip plane of %.2f units,"
" from (%.2f, %.2f, %.2f) to %s (%.2f, %.2f, %.2f)", GetName(),
(zone->newzone_data.maxclip*zone->newzone_data.maxclip),
GetX(), GetY(), GetZ(), GetTarget()->GetName(), GetTarget()->GetX(), GetTarget()->GetY(), GetTarget()->GetZ());
database.SetMQDetectionFlag(AccountName(), GetName(), hacker_str, zone->GetShortName());

All it takes is to do it once and they can flag it.

Hey Rob, they able to flag us in regular EQ with warp/fade/gate? Using your last post?

MakeAnyLenString(&hacker_str, "%s attempting to target something beyond the clip plane of %.2f units,"
" from (%.2f, %.2f, %.2f) to %s (%.2f, %.2f, %.2f)", GetName(),
(zone->newzone_data.maxclip*zone->newzone_data.maxclip),
GetX(), GetY(), GetZ(), GetTarget()->GetName(), GetTarget()->GetX(), GetTarget()->GetY(), GetTarget()->GetZ());
database.SetMQDetectionFlag(AccountName(), GetName(), hacker_str, zone->GetShortName());

if an emulator is able to do it, shouldn't be a problem for sony to do it. That said, I warped constantly in instances (especially Rallos Returns) and never had anything happen to me or my toons.

I have two level 50's right now and I'm expecting to be banned everytime that I log in. I've been at it now for two months, I warped a few times, map targeted and used gate a few times...It's a free game so what ever.

The only thing I use on P99 is the hud, other than that, nothing else. Now other servers, that's a different story lol

I've got a 26 Warrior on p99 and seriously considering giving it up for a Druid. The money making abilities of selling PLing services, and just being in high level groups of a Druid seem to far outweight that of a warrior.

Especially right now with aggro problems. I've got 2 obsidian shards, but my Dex is super low, and so trying to hold aggro is a pain. :(

moose, give me your druid account, so I can PL myself!