Anyone know if there is ANY way to xfer a toon to an acct that u didnt start

Dealings

Reaction score
Its a bit diff I want to xfer a toon to an acct I didnt start

a bit diff than yanking one out maybe?

anyways wondering if anyone had ever done that

trying to consolidate accts and ive had one for yrs that has a long time paid ont it.

Haven't done it but can't see that it's really any different than moving a character the other way.

Haven't done it but can't see that it's really any different than moving a character the other way.

Ive done it. Just petition the transfer and give the information SoE ask for.

they ask for this and SQ (i have both)
they dont ask for it here but thought they checked if u are original owner of both accts

I have paid for the other acct for over 2 yrs prob more like 4+

Last 4 digits of Credit Card on file:
Station User Name:
Email Address:
Current Server:
Destination Server
Number of Characters:
Character Name(s):
Transferring To a Different Account?:
Name of Different Account:

just worried that theyll say no were not trasnferring anything and now well ban both :(

I've done it many times I have an Account that i bought and had it for many years so i trust it then i bought a few more toons and didn't trust them so i added my card waited till my CC was billed then just moved it what they look for is if its the same CC on both accounts then there's no questions asked beside the info they ask for. Also just don't to forget to remove the CC from the account you don't want or don't trust

a bit diff than yanking one out maybe?

8862d1330994912-edmonton-fc-vs-vancouver-metro-soccer-league-all-star-team-i-see-what-you-did-there-fry.jpg

Done it a lot. All they really care about now days is that you have the info for the account the toon is currently on. If the info matches its a + but it doesn't matter anymore. It only mattered with the automated transfer on the site that i don't think they even have anymore.

I have three accounts I didnt start, but bought from friends. Have moved toons on and off them since I got the accoutns 6 or 7 years ago. Have no idea on any of the original info on the accounts. And they have been active and inactive on and off as well. No phase.

question

this raises a question for me..
if the account i have toons i want to xfer off has a year sub time on it, do i have to wait the duration before i can get my cc info through so they can see the account billed to my cc?
i currrently have my cc in for after the year ends, but it wont be billed untill the remainder of the time expires.
this is the last thing stopping me from pulling the trigger on the toon xfer and has been for a bit since the account was given to me by a friend and theres no worries about him reniging on me, ive just been worrie dthat if i call soe to do the xfer and it comes to the point they determine its not mine they might take it all together.

Been a while since i did it, but I've transferred from an account i started to one i bought with no trouble, and this was back when Sony gave a damn about security. never had much luck transferring from a bought account to an original, but the other way has always gone through fine for me as long as i had the info they wanted.

this raises a question for me..
if the account i have toons i want to xfer off has a year sub time on it, do i have to wait the duration before i can get my cc info through so they can see the account billed to my cc?
i currrently have my cc in for after the year ends, but it wont be billed untill the remainder of the time expires.
this is the last thing stopping me from pulling the trigger on the toon xfer and has been for a bit since the account was given to me by a friend and theres no worries about him reniging on me, ive just been worrie dthat if i call soe to do the xfer and it comes to the point they determine its not mine they might take it all together.

Made a free account more than 30 days old. Added CC info to it, went gold. The next day put in a character transfer to it.
Later the same day it was complete.

SO yeah no issue. And this was a month ago.

when raf was going i moved toons into raf accts i created but was owner of both accts

bottom line it sounds like folks been xferring toons into and out of accts even though the 2 accts did not have same original info (ie cc)

Moved a char two months ago from an old account (that became unsecure) to a new account that I started (with the same name since thats what the FAQ said... only allowed moves between accounts of the same owner).
Both accounts had the same name and the same cc details except that I got a email from a GM stating that unless I could provide an earlier cc number than then current one he could not move the account. Fortunately I could provide an earlier number and they moved the char.
If peeps can move from different account named that is sweet, always through name was the first thing they checked, time to consolidate the spares :p

If peeps can move from different account named that is sweet, always through name was the first thing they checked, time to consolidate the spares :p
I actually had a CSR tell me they don't expect names to be the same since (as he put it) they assume people don't always use their own names, or just make up names when signing up for games and other on line accounts like this.

As long as you have enough info to verify the account you're golden. Petition it, put the xfer token in a top inventory slot and wait a few days for them to do it.

Or, if you prefer, do it by phone so you can answer any questions first hand. You may shave a day or so off the xfer time that way.

still unclear

im still unclear as for if this will work or not
i have an account that was paid for a year with someones cc, the year is not up so even though my cc is in,it has not been billed. so the old owners cc is the one whos cc is in as the last billed cc. he is an eq friend , so even though i trust him not to renig on me , he apparently didnt trust me with the last 4 of his cc cuz he just kept telling me to put my cc in and it will work when i asked him for the last 4 of his.

so what im unclear on is,, can i put a token on the toon i want to transfer off and call soe for the transfer
the cc to be billed next is mine but the last billed cc and all before it are not mine, the email is mine now, the sq i have.

is that enough? or do i need to find a way to force my cc through to get billed for time? or wait out the duration to be safe?

That's a bit different.

They want to know the name and last 4 of a credit card actually used for something on the account. You can try using your card to buy SC or something to get it 'active' (as opposed to just listed on the account) but they prefer if its used for the subscription. They might balk if you can't give the last 4 of the actual subscription card.

You might be able to sweet talk your way around it if you call them. Depending on how old you are, claim your kid put the sub on it with a prepaid card or something. Or your brother/room mate/spouse if you're not old nuff sounding to have a kid.

Another approach might be to tell them you used a card that the bank replaced for you (the card thru the dryer excuse covers a lot of mishaps) and since it was destroyed you don't have it to give the last 4...

For what it's worth, I fired up an old account from when I was in high school. Credit card, name on account, address, nothing matched. I kept providing information, yet some stuff like original registration key, original credit card, etc I didn't have. I kinda got fed up and just kinda threw it back at them saying "sorry, that info is like 12 years old..... I don't have it, nor do I live in the country anymore to even look for it.". Next day they sent me an email telling me to go ahead and transfer.

Sometimes just go for it and be mostly honest with em. I suspect they're a little freer with transfers given age of the game and their need for money. I'd say just push and push, and eventually they'll cave.

Xferred two accounts.

The first was from an account I did not start to another account I did not start. Different names, credit cards ect. Just supplied them with the requested info and it took a few hours to complete with out a hitch.

The second was from an account I purchased online which only had an email address and gamecard attached to it since it was only a month old and xferred it to an my own eq account. They requested gamecard #, Date of Birth and email address in addition to the normal info. Took 24 hours to complete.

Been going round and round with SOE concerning a char move between accounts, even though I've subbed each account for over 2 years now. It's been a frustrating 4 days. They apparently are not satisfied that I've supplied the information they ask for via the website for this move request.

If it doesn't work, I'll be closing shop on my EQ entertainment.

Has anyone had any luck transfering a toon from one account to another on FV? I swear i tried last year but they told me in an email that you couldn't move toons across accounts on FV, which i think is a load of horse poop. I have a few toons on old accounts that i would like to move to my raf accounts.