any ideas on 12th ann?

lasthero2007

Reaction score
looking for a command to gank items for the 12th anniversry quest hunt of hte shards (hot req)

maybe use the wiki and try gank as a search word

just dont know how to target the actual items or find the spawn points more then willin to run and pick em up the right way just cant see the damn things

check the wiki for mq2maps and use itemtarget as a search reference on the wiki.

/item target /gank to pick up items and jsut cycle through the villages after that going through em havent got a relic yet though so might be a different trick to that.... hope this helps someone else

you can target an item specifically thats kinda why I sent you to the wiki

any info on new raid task npcs?

and that sunrise hill task blows, if you cant see the drops on the map you mine as well head to the loonybin now... spent about 3 hours doing it and im still missing some of the super rare ones. seems like around 2-4 spawn at once.

Is their a way to get items to show up a different color on map? So hard to see. Highlight doesn't seem to work on groundspawns.

Is their a way to get items to show up a different color on map? So hard to see. Highlight doesn't seem to work on groundspawns.

/mapfilter help|option [show|hide] [color R# G# B#]

So for items it would be:

/mapfilter ground color 255 255 0

That will make them appear yellow on map.

Nice... I always wanted something like this lol.

Now I just need to figure out how to make the lines on some old world maps not be white and ridiculously hard to see in the default UI.

Yeah, similar problem for some reason I can't modify the opacity of my map window. Would be nice to be able to because sometimes the off-white or grey lines on the maps barely contrast with the white background. Is any of this configurable either thru EQ or MQ?

Create a custom UI dir, or if you use one, you can copy the files from default. Either way, here are the files you would change for various parts:

1) cart01.tga through cart04.tga : These are the 4 parts of the map "background" that you see. The default is like the tan colored background that looks like a torn map at the edges.

2) EQUI_MapViewWnd.xml : This is what actually defines your map window, and all the pieces in it.

The reason you can't set any transparency on your map, is the right mouse button is taken over by MQ2Map plugin, to target things.

Type: /mapfilter menu

..and it should say in your MQ2 window: Menu is now set to: show

Now right-click on your map window title bar, and set your transparencies, etc., to what you like.

Then type: /mapfilter menu

and it will say in mq2 window: Menu is now set to: hide

And you are back to the normal use of right-click to target things.

htw

Create a custom UI dir, or if you use one, you can copy the files from default. Either way, here are the files you would change for various parts:

1) cart01.tga through cart04.tga : These are the 4 parts of the map "background" that you see. The default is like the tan colored background that looks like a torn map at the edges.

2) EQUI_MapViewWnd.xml : This is what actually defines your map window, and all the pieces in it.

The mapfilter menu thing I remember now. Thanks for reminding me. :)

The above, pardon me, but still not clear. I DO have a custom UI and those files are copied to it. But how would I, for example, change the background color of the map? I think a medium grey, for example, would provide much better overall contrast than the current near-white.

the map i uses has 5 selections to change the color of the background, light/dark parchment, white, black, and transparent. i love it for when some maps have light lines or dark ones. i belive the one i use is this one here

/item target /gank to pick up items and jsut cycle through the villages after that going through em havent got a relic yet though so might be a different trick to that.... hope this helps someone else

Dude, your not just going to get one right off the bat. It is a rare spawn amongst the various groundspawns. Be thankful that you can /gank this shit and aren't running around like a fool, like the poor non MQ2 bastards!

I found it was better to stay in one zone and wiat for your item than it was to pop from zone to zone in the hopes of popping into one:

1. with any groundspawns up at all, and
2. the one you need.

I did the quest start to finish in 35 minutes. When I clicked on the gate I sorted the zones and picked the one with the least amount of houses and zoned in. I was the only one in the zone and the spawn time on the pieces was super fast. Gravy work for the nice aug.

Guys, mates

Make a hotkey like this

/itemtarget drop11507
/delay 1s
/gank
/delay 1s
/autoinventory

or just using this macro from Orion949 with adding the code of drop11507

Code:
|  aug.mac
|  Orion949
|  15Mar11
|
|  Before you run this, move to the very northern part of the zone or else your 
|  goint to target nothing but the forge.

Sub Main

:loop
/call pc_check
/itemtarget drop11507
/delay 1s
/gank
/delay 1s
/autoinventory
/delay 1s
/echo Got One!
/delay 10s
/goto :loop

Sub pc_check
:loop
/if (${SpawnCount[pc]} > 1) {
    /echo Pausing until the zone is empty...
    /delay 1m
	/goto :loop
	}
/return

then go afk some,then u find all the quest items in the bag, enjoy

Yw;)

Last edited:
Nice refinement Arthur! I didnt even think to rule out the tradeskill containers with that!