Any good MM strats now that HT was nerfed?

zdozbou

EQ Knowledge King
Reaction score
Haven't entered any of the MM's since the nerf, but was thinking of doing them again - anyone have any good strats for 2-3 boxing them?

help

Help

Huh?

BB

I think he was giving advince on how to level without monster missions, there was two mm exploits probably more, not just the new ones.

To answer the original question, nope I haven't figured out a way to make it easier, you could technically warp, kill, die...but that is risky. :confused:

For live guk, I /target nameds, warp t and kill. Most of them are isolated, a few of em can have adds. I usually use a necro and SK for the brunt of it, then once I kill everything except the crusader, priest and last room with chest, I /warp all my boxes to crusader's side room, kill crusader then pull preist to the crusader's room to kill. No doubt just the SK and necro can do it as well, it's just faster with all my boxes DPSing. All the nameds before that are much easier.

Then I run the SK to the halls just before the pool with the Huge water elemantel in it, /warp t rest of my boxes there, clear a couple roaming frogs, and start pulling towards the herbalist/chest room. Last room, I just pacify 3 or 4 mobs, pull the rest and kill, then kll what's left and loot chest. I was using HT before this and never even tried without HT till the nerf. Honestly, I think for all these monster missions, it is faster and easier to just pull and kill like normal then it was when I was suiciding my SK all the time to use HT.

The other missions are even easier. Just about all nameds you need to kill has a safe hall/area right near it that you can run to /warp rest in then pacify pull what you can handle.

Pets are overpowered. The necro pet easily out DPS's the SK without the necro adding any farther DoT's. Lots of people swear by enchanters and say they solo the whole thing with just the enchanter, I just never tried it. My method works for me and takes me under an hour of very low intensity playing per mission.

best way i have done it is with bard chanter cleric. just charming the non-named npc and having them kill named ones.
For naggy raid all giants can be charmed so use them as your tanks/dps.

my bad. thouht i posted it on the person asking where to Lvl at.
to your question.

I usually do them with 3 chars.
1 : ench
1 : nec
1 : drud ( L.Guk & Naggy ) Cleric ( The Undead Guk )

20-30mins per mission

fartaunt wins MMs

wiz
mage
cleric

Last edited:
MM'S

I use mage, chanter, cleric.

Mage pet tanks, mage nukes, chanter mezzes and charms. Cleric does nothing much other than rez a bad pull or top of heals on the final boss.

I pop in on the named with the chanter, ae stun, mezz adds. Then mage pops in and nukes with the chanter. rinse repeat. My missions usually take 30 to 45 min.

I know what fartaunt is, but how is it ftw? Doest the whole room come anyway. Seems like it did when I used it in regular gameplay.

Saszeke

fartaunt single pulls any mob in the MMs

you can only have aggro on one mob for it to be a solo pull, so this works with all the named mobs you have to kill except for the ones with pets, you end up getting trained some, but its not a real big deal

I finish each MM in less then 20min each

Last edited:
MM's

Thanks for the faurtaunt tip :)

Does the class have to have the taunt ability to use fartaunt? I never could seem to get it to work with my casters in regular gameplay.

Saszeke

I use Fartaunt in mine for the main part, you naggy instance you can pull everything to the zone line.

for guks i use mage, necro chanter cleric, and warp to each named, is a few deaths, but nothing 30seconds medding doesnt fix.

But i did the MM's so much just thinking about them makes me ill :(

group mm's also required average level of 80 like raid ones?

If you want to do them legit, chanter necro mage seems to be one of the best combos you can use.