Android Apps

Finally got it...now doing the "quests" to get to 81...

Mixture of pandora, winamp, and google play. Google play interface leaves a little bit to be desired, but mainly because my meta data is screwed up and i haven't fixed it yet. Otherwise, I like play a lot.

Winamp is pretty darn good.

I use ezpdf reader for books. I bought it for $2 or something, and if you install a voice, it will read to you.

Oh, and dropbox is a must. it will also sync all your photos to your dropbox automatically, so you don't have to worry about your phone ever breaking.

I like to listen to high end FLAC through a nice set of headphones (V-moda m100) using a headphone amp (V-moda Vamp Verza) and the player I like is Poweramp.
Plays all the formats and outputs really great sound.

-Wolf

I like Poweramp as well. Only downside is it costs a few bucks. I had issues with other Android music apps pulling the wrong ID3 tags from my MP3s (I think maybe it was pulling an old version or something). Poweramp was the only player that would match the tags I see on my computer and organize my music correctly. It also has a great equalizer, and the interface is very easy to use. You can set it up to control your music without having to unlock your phone each time to get to the interface.

Another app I get a lot of use out of is UPnPlay. It's a DLNA client that works great with the PS3MediaServer I have running on my home network. If you're looking for a great free DLNA client, this is the best one I've found.

I think it was already mentioned but MX Player if you're into watching videos on your phone. Whenever I have to travel, I usually load a few movies and/or some TV episodes on my phone to watch in the airport.

Is rooting these things as easy as they make it seem?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Yep. There should be a One Touch Root available on XDA. It roots with literally one click of a button.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

I've rooted all of my android devices. I haven't really done much with root except play in the shell. Oh, and install titanium backup (which is awesome).

I've rooted all of my android devices. I haven't really done much with root except play in the shell. Oh, and install titanium backup (which is awesome).

I just want to for games lol.

Yep. There should be a One Touch Root available on XDA. It roots with literally one click of a button.

Got a link handy?

Got a link handy?

This one is if you want TWRP recovery http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2297900

This one is if you want CWM recovery http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=41896054&postcount=14

I haven't followed the development of either in a long time so I couldn't tell you which one is better now. I used to always use CWM but it looks like TWRP is the popular choice now.

I think that's only for att phones though so make sure it is compatible with whatever phone build you have before installing it or you'll risk bricking it.

There are subforums for all different carriers though so you'll be able to find one pretty easy if you don't have ATT.

Last edited:
My phone is through at&t so that's fine. I'll read up if I get time tonight and give it a go.