Android Apps

Kodilynn

Master of Orion
Reaction score
Website
www.mmobugs.com
So I've made the jump from iOS to android. While I love the phone (S4) the app store leaves something to be desired.

What are some good apps for playing music? And any really good games? I've got emulation n games going but would love more suggestions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

iHeartRadio is one I use.

I only use Pandora for music. I tried others but always go back to it. Rarely use anything though since ATT has no unlimited data.

The game market pretty much blows huge ass. I have yet to find a game that can keep me interested. Square has ported some of their games to Android if you like the Final Fantasy series.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Lol I need to slightly reword what I meant. Whats a good app to listen to my music. I have Pandora and Spotify for when I dont want my own.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

I generally use the stock app on my phone for music. You could check out MX Player though. It works pretty well. Also, I have an app that you can't get on the market anymore called Music Wizard. Technically, it's a new napster (old school free version). And the servers are still online for it too. Never had any issues. It also plays music and allows you to stream your songs before you decide to download them.

+1 to stock music app. Does everything I need just fine. I've tried some others but just uninstall them after a few uses.

I use google music / play whatever it is called now. Sync my music to the evil NSA watched cloud and listen to it wherever i want.

Hey :)

As for games on the Android, I'm enjoying Tower Defense games. My phone isn't the greatest of phones.. actually , it sucks lol (Motorola XT615,os version2.3.7)

I was offered a BB curve, but the screen is too small for my liking. I'm trying to save up for either Galaxy S4 or the new BB Z10)

Any how, back on topic, one game I have started to really enjoy is called Heroes and Monsters .

I've found it fun, and can become addictive. :)

The only issue I have is, I am unsure on how to start over. I uninstalled completely, then tried to reinstall and my game was still there.

I've found these 2 types keep me pretty busy.

When I get a better phone, I will be trying more 'trying' games like RTS types and FFS.

That's my suggestion, take it for what it's worth :)

as far as games are concerned, Candy Crush Saga is an evil evil game but i can't stop playing it. I am currently on 123.

random off topic / derail

If anyone has any good sites for unlocking phones, please please pm me. I'm having a hell of a time trying to find the right info / tools. Most things I have come across are.. pay

Sorry for the quick Ninja! :eek:
Back on topic!

Robot Unicorn Attack is in the store. :)
I use Google Play for music, Pandora for streaming, and the Kindle app for reading. Games I have are alchemy, RUA, A tower defense game, Robo Defense, and a couple swipe games, paper toss 2.0 and darts. I also have Go Free on for when I want the computer to kick my butt.
You should get the appbrain app market as well. Sometimes you can find things there that aren't on the Google store.

random off topic / derail

If anyone has any good sites for unlocking phones, please please pm me. I'm having a hell of a time trying to find the right info / tools. Most things I have come across are.. pay

Sorry for the quick Ninja! :eek:
Back on topic!

Xda Developers is the best place to go for unlocking Android phones.

Xda is completely free. Has all the info you'll need as well as the links to get the tools.

Np. With the info I found on xda, not only was I able to root my HTC Inspire, but I was also able to load a custom rom to it which upgraded me from Android 2.3.5 to 4.0. Currently though, I'm using an HTC Evo 4G. Haven't rooted it yet or anything as Sprint won't repair it for free with my insurance plan.

I like to listen to high end FLAC through a nice set of headphones (V-moda m100) using a headphone amp (V-moda Vamp Verza) and the player I like is Poweramp.
Plays all the formats and outputs really great sound.

-Wolf