And this is why I am against Ghost Killing 100%

Swazafix

Reaction score
I fear the future of MQ with dumb shit like this going on :

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=124716

If it gets deleted on the main forums, which it probably will. The post explains a few hackers (most definitely ghost killers) who took out Solteris event #7, flashed about their shiny title (since NO ONE ELSE on the server has done this yet) and proceeded to give out bags full of Solteris gear and phosphrenes(sp?) in their local Bazaar.

You can try to defend Ghost killing to the end of the world, but with things like this going on it makes me wonder how much longer it will be until sony takes measures to close the doors on MQ for good.

SoE can kill ghostkill without killing mq2. It works on a bug, they can just fix the bug and it will go away. They have known this for awhile and have made the choice not to fix it.

EQ Philosophy

"With great power comes great responsibility."

In this case the power is ghost-kill, and the responsibility is not ruining the game for other players. I may be playing the devil's advocate when I say that ghost-kill is not entirely bad, but I understand that by over-using it and abusing the extent of its effectiveness goes well beyond the scope I would consider it "all right" for.

A lonely night killing group content in a dead zone, perhaps that I could plead.

Raid-oriented monsters, or loot dropping monsters that can be sold in the bazaar--two examples of what I would not condone.

Either way, I'm sure someone is displeased. Likewise is someone delighted. It's impossible to make everyone happy. :p

I fear the future of MQ with dumb shit like this going on :

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=124716

If it gets deleted on the main forums, which it probably will. The post explains a few hackers (most definitely ghost killers) who took out Solteris event #7, flashed about their shiny title (since NO ONE ELSE on the server has done this yet) and proceeded to give out bags full of Solteris gear and phosphrenes(sp?) in their local Bazaar.

You can try to defend Ghost killing to the end of the world, but with things like this going on it makes me wonder how much longer it will be until sony takes measures to close the doors on MQ for good.

I find the video linked in one of the messages kinda funny as the person taking it is also using MQ2 :D

Stupid is as stupid does I guess.

I am not against GK. If it gets nerfed, it gets nerfed. However, I do think being as bold as they were with it like that hurts everyone else that just used it to lvl their toon up and move on.

Likes to watch

It like a train wreck, just can't look away. It reminds me of the time before in April right before a wave of bans came round. Might be a good time to stock up on twink gear.

From eqplayers main page:

On Thursday, December 13th Tech Support will have limited email support only. Both Live Chat and Phones will be closed. Full support will be available the following day. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. ~ SOE Customer Support Team

I know what that looks like to me. Day after patch, they shut down all support?

Occam's razor, people. The simplest explanation is usually the most accurate.

SOE hasn't fixed the loophole therefor their revenue from users is high enough to be of impact to their bottom line

The CS being closed thing is most likely time of year. Hell, I just had my christmas party.

Idiots will flourish whether GK is available or not,

Im with arune on this one. although it is fun to use sometimes. Blatantly throwing it in peoples faces is just fucked up. everyone knows its around, everyone knows people cheat. But not everyone is an idiot about it.

If it gets nerfed, it gets nerfed. However, I do think being as bold as they were with it like that hurts everyone else that just used it to lvl their toon up and move on.

Occam's razor, people. The simplest explanation is usually the most accurate.

SOE hasn't fixed the loophole therefor their revenue from users is high enough to be of impact to their bottom line

The CS being closed thing is most likely time of year. Hell, I just had my christmas party.

Idiots will flourish whether GK is available or not,

every year from xmas everyone at soe gets 10 days off ( theres are a few cs guys around ) but everyone else is off with pay

well hell give me a gk script or hell i will even buy it if i can find it lol but yes it should be used with responsibility. i see people using it all the time there will be a toon afk outside coa and then later on they will be linking hanvars hoop or something else in general. personally i just want to check it out i have most of the crap i will ever want so time to play with other things. lol

well hell give me a gk script or hell i will even buy it if i can find it lol but yes it should be used with responsibility. i see people using it all the time there will be a toon afk outside coa and then later on they will be linking hanvars hoop or something else in general. personally i just want to check it out i have most of the crap i will ever want so time to play with other things. lol

And people with your IQ are why there's a problem with GK in the first place.

Careful or thread will be closed...no more flames

And this thread had to be ressurrected, why??? Quit trolling.