Ancient Cloak Of Flames

Copperhead

Reaction score
Does anyone know or have any "sweet spots" where they farm this at? I know its a zonewide rare, but usually, these types of things have a "sweet spot" at times.

From my experience (not with this cloak, but in general) I've found that the zonewide rares are pretty evenly spread throughout the zone. People may tell you they found a sweet spot, but the truth is that's the only spot they've camped so of course they got their drops at the same spot every time.

The sweet spot is where there are no trains coming through =D

So the Kobold priest spawns adds (they're timed). These adds CAN drop the cloak. Ill leave it to your imagination what to do :)

I wish the old eye of zomm sploit still worked =P

Slightly off topic, but I wonder if this is going to be the caliper of the new expansion Attunable Items... if so, then good god, because isn't it on par, or better, than about T3-ish RoF raid?

I have no clue what their plan is. But yea it's def on par with t3 rof raid. Crazy!
But haven't seen many boast about getting one etc yet. But sure blows regular group gear outa there!

As for spots... Just keep killing and you'll get lucky soon enough!

I have no clue what their plan is. But yea it's def on par with t3 rof raid. Crazy!
But haven't seen many boast about getting one etc yet. But sure blows regular group gear outa there!

As for spots... Just keep killing and you'll get lucky soon enough!

Normally, it seems that a T1 group gear of a new expansion is on-par with a T4 group gear of a previous expansion. So, to have a T1 group gear be on-par with a T3/4 RAID gear ofa previous expansion, especially with no level cap increase, means that stats are going through the roof even more.

ive gotten 4 so far from two different spots, my dps bots are loving the overhaste!!

A little back story on this cloak please? It's a zonewide SolB drop??

entrance camp, and way in the back where the giants are, near were Naggy would be

entrance camp, and way in the back where the giants are, near were Naggy would be

From all I've heard, drops have come from the bugs & bats area (like where Guano Harvester spawns) all the way back to Naggy's (old) lair. One person said they got theirs from death beetle and other trash.

Its zonewide random drop lol, just start killing mobs. There is no sweet spot.

I don't know if it matters but I would guess zonein might be considered sweet spot since alot of people kill there. So there is greater turnover on mobs dying. The reason I would call zone in area "sweet" is because with the greater turnover of mobs dying you might fluke and end up killing only a few mobs and pick up one.

In the end, I don't think it really matters in terms of RNG and probability though, as its per mob RNG, i.e. each mob kill is an independent event.

Mobs spawn with everything on their loot table. So every mob in SolB has a cloak "on them" while they are up. The second the mob dies, the RNG does a check and that determines what drops based off of %'s.

That is exactly how it works too. A dev even confirmed it. It works that way with group and raid chests too.

Well, we all know most drops are limited to a small subset of mobs, sometimes as few as 1. I guess your point is for rare drops that only come off one mob, like epic quest items, the probability is set to zero for every other mob. But it's not unreasonable to think that this Cloak may drop only off a subset of mobs in SolB. Programming-wise it makes more sense that they'd attach a database to each mob whose contents are limited to all items assigned to drop off that mob.

The Magelo item database is very useful because it shows actual drop percentages off mobs but this is limited to drops acquired by players using Magelo "live" while in-game. I'd venture to say that 90% or more of the players crowding SolB right now are pharmers and other types who'd be unlikely to have any interest in registering with Magelo. Hence the paucity of info on Magelo about what SolB mobs have dropped this "must-have" item. ;)

Magelo includes this cloak in its database currently but, interestingly, shows NO mobs as dropping it which leads me to think there is a significant delay factor in updating Magelo info online or, like I say above, nobody pharming it is interested in telling Magelo what dropped it.

Ancient Cloak of Flames

Last edited:
Well, we all know most drops are limited to a small subset of mobs, sometimes as few as 1. I guess your point is for rare drops that only come off one mob, like epic quest items, the probability is set to zero for every other mob. But it's not unreasonable to think that this Cloak may drop only off a subset of mobs in SolB. Programming-wise it makes more sense that they'd attach a database to each mob whose contents are limited to all items assigned to drop off that mob.

The Magelo item database is very useful because it shows actual drop percentages off mobs but this is limited to drops acquired by players using Magelo "live" while in-game. I'd venture to say that 90% or more of the players crowding SolB right now are pharmers and other types who'd be unlikely to have any interest in registering with Magelo. Hence the paucity of info on Magelo about what SolB mobs have dropped this "must-have" item. ;)

Magelo includes this cloak in its database currently but, interestingly, shows NO mobs as dropping it which leads me to think there is a significant delay factor in updating Magelo info online or, like I say above, nobody pharming it is interested in telling Magelo what dropped it.

Ancient Cloak of Flames

I don't know programming wise it seems it would be easier to take a sub set of a WHOLE zone and just mark it as 1% chance.

Here is how it works. Say you got

a kobold wizard
-items it drops
-level based TS drops(or expansion based)
-expansion wide rares if any
-zone wide rares if any

It has a chance to drop any of these. It dropping a silk wont cause it to not drop a cloak different rolls for each category.

Take a named in ROF you get
-non visible roll
-visible roll
-Zone Wide rare roll
-TS item roll
-Trash roll

This is why you can get a visible armor piece and a non visible off 1 named separate rolls for each category.

So every mob has its own loot table but also drops stuff off a zone wide and expansion wide loot table. You want every mob in a zone to have a chance to drop an item ? You add that item to the zone wide table instead of going in and changing every mobs loot table you do it once not 200 items.

Last edited:

Ancient Cloak of Flames

The cloak is 100% zonewide. Ive had a few drop and I seen it drop for others too. Its confirmed to drop off of the following:

Kobolds
Fire Giants
Bats
Spiders
Imps
Beetles
Named

Basically EVERY mob in the zone drops it. So its dropped from multiple camps and locations spread throughout the entire zone.

Ive not seen any trends either. It seems to be evenly spread across the board. Which is the way it should be.

Its just a flat out % that can drop off ANY mob that you kill in SolB. So essentially, you could zone into SolB and the first mob that you see and kill could drop the cloak.

Its rare, however, I wouldnt call it EXTREMELY rare. I'd say that the average drop rate is around 1 in 500 mobs killed. Your mileage may vary though and the RNG could be kind to you. Its all about grinding. We still have a ways to go before these zones poof and I bet they extend them like they did with Crushbone and Permafrost when they were first revamped. So keep killing, you'll eventually see one. Some people have gotten multiple cloaks to drop. Its all about time spent. Invest the time and you'll see some cloaks. Sure, you'll see some dry runs because of its rarity, but the key is to keep plugging away.

Last edited: