ALT + TAB

Status
Not open for further replies.

KujinRen

Lifetimer
Reaction score
2 boxing comes natural to me when I play EverQuest and using ALT + TAB makes things easy when doing so but lately, the function does not work for me.

My current specs:

Windows XP
AMD64 Athlon 3800
ABIT KN8 SLI
eGeForceFX 7300GT w/512mb
1gig Kingston HyperX DDR

Anyways, can anyone suggest anything that I can do to fix my problem of not being able to ALT + TAB? Some people have recommended downloading the "Microsoft Windows Compatibility Toolkit" but I assure you, it does not help due to the fact that the program itself does not include EverQuest like they say it should.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

-KujinRen

What doesn't make sense to me is the fact that my older brother has just about the same system as me, except he uses SATA hard-drive, which I doubt has anything to do with it.

He plays both EQ and EQ2 while being able to use ALT + TAB just fine. I must be missing something here.

-KujinRen

I'm stuck at work so I can't play around and figure out what the issue it, but have you tried Alt + Shift + R to release the mouse, then see if that lets you Alt + Tab ?

There is a PowerToy addon at microsoft to enhance alt tab, wonder if that would do any good. That compatability toolkit used to have eq in it because I have had to use it to make alt tab work myself, but I dont remember haveing to use it for quite a while. If none of that works I would reinstall windows. Good luck.

I couldn't ever find a solid fix for this problem either. I've had it happen a couple times, but everytime it happened for me was after a fresh format/install of Windows. Both times I downloaded the PowerToys setup from Microsoft, waited about 2 weeks, and then uninstalled it and regular alt+tab worked for me after that. It's a really annoying problem, wish it was a more obvious fix..

Its Windows XP SP2 is the reasoning.

Easy fix.
YOu needs the windows combatabilty toolkit. and allow Eq.exe. will works 100%

Anyways, can anyone suggest anything that I can do to fix my problem of not being able to ALT + TAB? Some people have recommended downloading the "Microsoft Windows Compatibility Toolkit" but I assure you, it does not help due to the fact that the program itself does not include EverQuest like they say it should.

All you have to do is add eq to the list.

htw

htw said:
All you have to do is add eq to the list.

htw
It does work and it is in the list. you must be doing something incorrect.

IIRC, holding down one ALT, then holding down the other and tapping tab will make the function work properly in EQ, but this could have changed since then, as I haven't played in a few weeks thanks to the real world. :p

Wragusa said:
It does work and it is in the list. you must be doing something incorrect.

Yes, it should be in the list. All I meant was, if for whatever "unknown" reason it isn't (with his installation), it's a 5 second, simple matter, to add it.

htw

PowerToys seems to be working nicely. Thanks for the advice.

-KujinRen

antld0te said:
IIRC, holding down one ALT, then holding down the other and tapping tab will make the function work properly in EQ, but this could have changed since then, as I haven't played in a few weeks thanks to the real world. :p

OMG! Ive been having this problem of not being able to alt+tab for a month now and this fixed it... hopefully permanently. thanx a ton!

Status
Not open for further replies.