Advanced audio triggers

Blujahz

Your spell fizzled!
Reaction score
I had an idea for an advanced audio trigger setup and I'd like to get some advice on the best way to implement it.

The idea comes from the fact that I have audio triggers setup for particular spells I cast, let's say mez for example. Where this becomes problematic is when you AE mez a bunch of mobs, you get spammed with audio trigger alerts, one per mob. It would be much better for the audio trigger to increment a counter and after all the trigger phrases have fired (can wait 1 second), you get told the total number of mobs that are mezzed. (i.e. Ten mobs are mezzed"). I should also mention that EQWatcher would be used as the text-to-speech engine, but using /echo to relay this information would work too.

I know I could easily code this into a macro, but I run other macros while I play and wouldn't want to run this macro full-time. I experimented with MQ2Events, but this plugin doesn't appear to have enough functionality to accomplish this task.

So I guess I'm looking for other possible solutions. I know a plugin for this would be ideal, but I'm not up to writing plugins myself...at least not yet. TIA.

Well, this topic is more like a monologue, but I wanted to say I settled on a way to do this using macros. I just run a short duration macro that only counts up the triggers for just 1 cast, reads the number of mobs affected, then ends.

Here is what I have in case other enchanters (or others classes with modification) are interested. To use it, I have a hotbutton that starts the spell casting then runs the macro.

"/note speak XXX" is the command EQWatcher uses to read stuff to you using the text-to-speech engine (so replace with an /echo if you don't use EQW).

Code:
| This macro counts the mobs affected by AE mez (Serenity, Serene Wave & Soporific Stare) and AE stun (Color Clash)
| Start your casting, then start macro

#Event Mez  "#*# feels very sleepy."
#Event Mez  "#*# gazes happily into space."
#Event Stun "#*# is stunned by a clash of colors."
#Event Stun "#*# is stunned by a cataclysm of colors."

Sub Main
/doevents flush

/if (!${Defined[mezcount]}) /declare mezcount int outer
/if (!${Defined[stuncount]}) /declare stuncount int outer
/if (!${Defined[meztemp]}) /declare meztemp int outer
/if (!${Defined[stuntemp]}) /declare stuntemp int outer
/varset mezcount 0
/varset stuncount 0
/varset meztemp 0
/varset stuntemp 0
/delay 1m ${Me.Casting.ID}
/delay 10s !${Me.Casting.ID}
/delay 5

:loop
/doevents
/if (${mezcount}==${meztemp} && ${stuncount}==${stuntemp}) /goto :results
/varset meztemp ${mezcount}
/varset stuntemp ${stuncount}
/goto :loop

:results
/if (${mezcount}==1) /note speak ${mezcount} mob mezzed
/if (${stuncount}==1) /note speak ${stuncount} mob stunned
/if (${mezcount}>1) /note speak ${mezcount} mobs mezzed
/if (${stuncount}>1) /note speak ${stuncount} mobs stunned

/return

Sub Event_Mez
/varcalc mezcount ${mezcount}+1
/return

Sub Event_Stun
/varcalc stuncount ${stuncount}+1
/return

Last edited:
GamTextTriggers

I use GamTextTriggers for just about everything now. You can set up audio responses just like anything else and can let you echo back an entire line of text if it sees the string you tell it to look for.

All you would need to do is have your /note XXX XXX instead to someing like /echo YYYY YYYY or /tell YourToon YYYY YYYY ${mezcount} where YYYY YYYY is anything you want it to be that you are not likely to see anyother way.

/1 ${mezcount} Mobs Mezzed (Channel 1 is my dummy channel)

GTT will see that line and echo in colored letters in the middle of your screen with the whole line of text. Set your windows to have that channel go to the battle spam window since you never need to see it and let the parser find it and you will see it pop up on the screen.

I like your little utility macro, I do. I can see it being very handy and will be sure to point it out to my chanter buddy thats a member here. I posted my solution only as an alternative for others that may read this thread.

I dont know why you would need to know how many you mezzed or stunned, other than e-peen size, but I dont play a chanter any more so there may be a reason, but I do like your macro.
I tihnk I will edit it to count exp messsages and pop up a count of numbers of mobs killed with my SK when I swam kill. Neat stuff.
Thanks for sharing,

VP

Thanks VP. The reason it's good to know how many mobs get mezzed or stunned is so you can be sure you have accounted for all mobs in camp.

For example on Unburrowing, enchanters stun the first 6 waves of mobs but if you're not positioned right because you're standing too far back or your raid has too much push, some OOR mobs go unstunned and beat on clerics. Same concept applies to mez on mezzable mobs.

Basically it's important for your CC to know for certain that all mobs are controlled. I guess this concept would apply to many classes (AE nuking wizzys, etc) but much more so for enchanters trying to CC a lot of mobs at once.

GamTextTriggers >>>>>> in game ATs. If you can use it over in game, I totally encourage it.