Account transfers since FTP change

evilbarney

Reaction score
Has anyone transferred a character since the FTP change all the information i can find is from April i have access to a ton of accounts with 10 + years of veteran rewards on them and wanted to transfer a character off to one

You gotta use SC to pick up a character transfer token from the marketplace last I heard. Cost 2500 SC.

ya they both have to have same expansions and both must be gold accounts

ya they both have to have same expansions and both must be gold accounts
Both need same level of expansion but both don't need to be Gold

All that will happen if one is gold and the other isn't is you'll lose inventory slots and won't be able to equip items till you return to Gold

Any items you don't have inventory space for will go into the parcel system to be picked up later

does stuff in the parcel post ever expire? have a few accounts that I dropped the subscrption on and have never logged on again since that will mean all their non crap gear and augs will get mailed to them an of course no bank space either.

is it just the cards on file that have to be the same and know the answer to the secret question or do they look back and want original Cc numbers or anything like that ?

last time I did a transfer in April I had to provide the last 4 CC numbers for the past 4 CC used on the account

I'm trying an account transfer right now. I have the last 4 digits of the credit card, etc., but it's two different names (traditional bought character scenario). I'll let you know how that goes (may take a week or so, I'm guessing). I know when it was the automatic transfer situation, I had no problems doing transfers.

No two of my accounts ave the same name. Not all have the same payment info.

I've been able to move characters between accounts with no problem just by providing the last 4 of any credit card on the account(s). you need to know the name on the account as well.

The only time you need more than one credit card would be if someone else at some point used another, older, card than the one you provided to verify the account.

I've been told by several Sony CSRs that they don't expect names to be the same.

does stuff in the parcel post ever expire? have a few accounts that I dropped the subscrption on and have never logged on again since that will mean all their non crap gear and augs will get mailed to them an of course no bank space either.

No. Source:

March 22, 2012

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Modified the notice that players receive when losing inventory slots. Players will now be referred to a parcel merchant to retrieve their items.
- Mail items in parcels no longer expire.
- Duplicate lore items are no longer destroyed when in a parcel.

I've had a character transferred since free to play and it was a pain in the keister. Maybe Num1 will pop in to give details.

Duplicate lore items are no longer destroyed when in a parcel. Parcels no longer expire. Those 2 things alone are more than enough reason to go gold. Infinite bank space. Infinite camping of lore items that sell really well.

I just completed the transfer. It went without a hitch from an account I purchased about three weeks ago to an account I've had since 1999. I had all the required information. The account I transferred from was Gold, the account I transferred to was Silver. Just an oversight on my part, but it didn't make a difference. Both accounts had all the same expansions. The person I had purchased the account from had all the last 4 digits of the cards he had used and of course I had the secret question, passwords, etc. There were different real names between the two accounts, but they didn't care. I had reupped the purchased account with my card before I tried the transfer. Not sure what else to say.