Account Sharing FYI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kodilynn

Master of Orion
Reaction score
Website
www.mmobugs.com
We've had to smack a few people around for this in the past couple of weeks... so just FYI...

ACCOUNT SHARING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED

With that out of the way, may we remind you that we scan the downloads of the compile for IP ranges that make no sense such as 2 downloads within 5 minutes on the opposite sides of the country. *Note: Please don't PM me saying that you have multiple computers etc. we can tell when it's the same person vs. when it's sharing.

We have a 0 tolerance policy that is becoming tighter and tighter every time I have to screen it and enforce it.

First time offenders, you will have your passwords reset and a PM sent to your account. I highly recommend picking a password that your "friends" don't know.

For repeat offenders, you may lose your access to this site permanently + a nice little IP ban for your troubles.

Just to clarify...when you share your account, you are stealing. While we are not as extreme as other sites (giving out personal information, character names, etc) for every single infraction, we do have a limit to our tolerance. In the past, you would just have your password change and a "slap on the hand" PM telling you not to share. If it continues to happen, we might start skipping that step.

Status
Not open for further replies.