Account compromised?

andrewi

Reaction score
Was playing earlier today but crashed out when my connection died.

2 of the 3 accounts I was playing logged back in without problems, I had to kick off the LD toon, but that's normal when I crash. However, on the third account I'm getting a "request to remove the player was denied because a player is still actively playing".

So I'm trying to work out what's up. Options are

- something in EQ is screwed and won't release the char; hopefully the server will sync at some point and drop it
- something in MQ2 can create the impression that the character is still live; but I can't see how this would be - wasn't running any macros and the only loaded plugins were passive client side
- someone's hacked the account and is playing it
- a GM is in the account and investigating it

It's now about 6 hours from my LD and the account is still giving the same error when I try to load.

I bought the account years ago, have changed the pw, and haven't had any failed attempt reports on it.

Any thoughts about how I force a reset without resorting to a petition?

Cheers

Did you enable the kick feature on that toon?

I would change the password. If someone else is on the toon, when they zone it will kick them out.

Barring that, petition and ask a GM to log the character out. I have had to do this on occasion.

Was the character in question actually still visible in game? I see you were able to log in the other two accounts, but no mention if the third toon was still in game or not.

No - I should have mentioned that. Logged in and checked all the characters on the account - none of them appeared on /who [name] all.

A/

are they in the same fellowship? If so you can see what zone they are in.

it happens sometimes very infrequently when connection is disrupted.

petition a gm.